Atheist and Christians, what is your views on abortion?

• ?

Personally I think it should only ever be considered if the mother's life would be in mortal danger if the pregnancy goes ahead.

I'm pro-choice in that the mother should have rights over her own body in that she can choose to go ahead with the pregnancy even if her life would be severely at risk (obviously you'd educate her of the situation and the risks involved),

However I'm also pro-life in that I don't think abortion should happen unless it's to save another life.

I understand that there's a problem with restricting abortions wherein more dangerous 'street-abortions' might be carried out, but really I don't think the answer is to just allow abortion for any reason (this would be a tragic and totally vain, unnecessary loss of human life in my opinion); rather the solution is EDUCATION. We need to educate people about contraception, about planning for children financially and personally and emotionally etc., and also to educate and reason people away from the temptation or motivations that drive rape and other sexual crimes.

---

(by the way, seems like someone maliciously moved your question to a different category. You may want to change it back!)

To 18 weeks - the woman's business; more than 18 weeks the state's business. Above 22 weeks medical reasons only. Not god's business or business of religious people.

• Nate

I don't consider a fetus a person so I don't really care - it'd be stupid to force someone to give birth if they don't want to or it could endanger their health.

Honestly even if I did consider a fetus a person it would still come down to bodily autonomy - forcing a person to use their body for another's benefit is not something I'm alright with.

I don't believe abortion is right under any circumstances, but I felt that way long before I cared what any God had to say about it. I hated God.

Source(s): Christian
  • Pavel

The only way I can see giving the okay to abort my kid is if we knew it would be mentally disabled. Otherwise, no, I wouldint abort it.

I dont care if other people abort their kids, not my problem.

It's messy

it does not matter what ANY person's views are - it's an abomination to God to kill a child, no matter what age !! and no - neither the female or male has any say so at all, as far as wanting to "abort" aka kill that child

I'm socially liberal, and think it should be legal / the Government has no right to tell a woman what to do with her body. - Christian

• andy c

Abortion is murder.

It is wrong and it is unholy. It is a sin.

Source(s): The Bhagavad Gita