How can I find someone I don't know who deposited a check into my account?

Earlier today while I was at the ATM a woman I just met came up to me and asked if I could do her a favor and deposit her check into my account. It was a payroll check and she showed me her ID and about 10 checks from the previous 10 weeks. Everything seemed to be on the up and up so I said OK. But I forgot that I maxed out my daily limit for the day. I gave her my cellphone number and she was going to call me in 10mins. But she hasn't and that was an hour ago. Is there anything I can do to find her? I don't wanna screw her and I don't want her trying to say I did something crooked. I only wanna get her money to her.

Sounds like a huge scam. You'll probably end up discovering that the check is stolen or bounces or something. She was trying to trick you out of money, otherwise she would have called you. I'd say you're lucky. Talk to your bank about what happened, before you get arrested for being an accessory to a crime, or get charged a fee for a fraudulent check. If it really is a real check, they should be able to find it and trace it back to the bank account it came from, and then track down your mystery lady.