Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 5 years ago

Could this be Leukemia?

Hi, for the past few weeks I ve had headaches, neck pain, poor concentration, blurry vision, on and off sore throat and general sick feeling. I ve had ct scans, blood tests and head MRI and everything came back normal. I ve tried feeling my lymph nodes to see if they re swollen and I don t even know what I m looking for. But in the groin area, in my upper thigh, if I press really hard, I can feel small bean shaped lumps. I tend to be hypochondriac, but should I worry?

Favorite Answer

If your blood work was fine, then it is highly unlikely to be leukemia. When someone is diagnosed with leukemia, they usually have at least two out of three cell lines affected. White blood cells are usually high, hemoglobin low, and platelets low.

if your blood tests came back normal, you do not have leukemia. Leukemia blood tests come back as a high count of WBCs (white blood cells) and a low pretty much everything else. It sounds like you are just stressed out, and its making you feel sick.

• S

no if you had leukemia you would know it you would be very fatigued and find it hard to breathe Getting air in isn't the problem it just will feel like you are not getting any O2 a blood test will tell right away.

Survivor

Leuk (leukocytes) emia (elevation in blood)

"blood tests and head MRI and everything came back normal"

You don't have leukemia.

It may not be Lymphoma cause lymphoma is a benign tumor and painless. You are probably suffering from some infection due to which lymph node has been enlarged.

Your tests came back clear so obviously not anything serious

What does your family doctor say?

• april

not leukemia...

No

no