Is my bread good to eat?

I just put my bread dough in the oven with just the light on to make it rise and it seems to have baked just a bit instead of just rising. I baked it anyway but I don t know if it is okay to eat. Does anyone know?

• Favorite Answer

The rising process in baking is very sensitive and takes practice. It's rather scientific. The temperature and length of time has to be just right, and the yeast has to have been mixed in at the right temperature to activate it to do its magic. It sounds like you either had the temperature for rising too high, or you left it to rise too long or both.

It will be a dense product and tough (I won't explain the science behind what the yeast does to the protein strands in the flour- all you need to know is that you need to pay attention to temp and time. It will however be fine to eat without getting sick.

1

Source(s): Modern People Paleo Cookbook : http://paleocookbook.raiwi.com/?lLaQ
  • kswck2

Your bread is perfectly safe to eat, although it may well be a bit more dense.

Next time, try sealing the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in a warm place, such as over the stove if you are using it, or on the window sill till it effectively doubles in size.

Source(s): Professional Chef
  • Gary C

Bread that didn't rise, but is cooked, is safe to eat. It may not taste good or have a pleasing texture,though.

If it did not rise properly and you baked it the bread is safe to eat. It may be a bit more dense then usual but it will not harm you.

Yes . It is good to eat .

Yes you can eat. It is already baked no matter it is rise or not.

no it didn't bake but it did dry out. Of course its safe to eat...why wouldn't it be?

• Alice

It will be like eating a brick, but it won't make you sick.

It's fine, as long as it's done in the middle.