Sims 3 question. If my sims partner has the trait "dislikes children" does that mean if I have children with him he will not care for them?

• Simber

Haha, that's funny Matthew! I've never actually played a Sim that dislikes children. When I had kids, I used to send them to the library after school to find someone to help them with their homework, as Mom and Dad were still at work. I used to always pick Sims that I knew "disliked children". They always helped and did just as good a job as any other Sim. But since I didn't play those Sims, I don't know what their mood was like afterwards.

That's what I think makes the difference. I don't think they would do things for children spontaneously, you would have to direct them to do it, and I think they will do it just as well as anyone. However, I'm sure someway or another it would affect their mood (stressed or whatever) depending on their other traits. For instance, I wouldn't have them interact with children before work as their work performance may suffer for it. Of course, if they're hot-headed or something like that, I kind of wonder how they'd react afterwards.

That's really interesting, and now that you mention it, I think I may need to try that. It may be fun, or challenging at least!

EXACTLY