Xbox One vs. PS4?

I'm getting a next gen console soon, and I wanted a PS4, but I started looking at the Xbox Ome features and now I'm at crossroads. I have an Xbox 360 right now and I can backplay and use my 360 games one the One. The PS4 I like though because it has Spotify backround music, and I'm pumped for Uncharted 4. I also love racing games, and Forza is one of my favourites but it's and Xbox exclusive. I'd like to have your opinion so I can decide!

Favorite Answer

Microsoft's Xbox One & Sony's PlayStation 4 are exactly the same, it all depends on the Video Games you want. It is up to you and what Exclusives you want, do not listen to the Conspiracy theory hype. the Microsoft Kinect/Sony's PlayStation Camera are optional.

I own both Microsoft's Xbox One and Sony's PlayStation 4:

Microsoft's Xbox One Exclusive Reviews:

Capcom's Dead Rising 3 was a masterpiece, Visually & Gameplay wise. I didn't have a single issue with Capcom's Dead Rising 3, when I reviewed the Capcom's Dead Rising 3 I gave it a well deserved 10 out of 10 and well worth your purchase.

Respawn Entertainment's Titanfall has No Offline Play capability. So, once The Servers go down. The Game is a rock, Though Titanfall does feature Well done multiplayer experiences with Titans battling beside Infantry and the use of Parkour/Jetpack Mechanics really flesh out the game compared to FPS like Call Of Duty/Battlefield. Which is also helped by the unique map settings that keeps combat close together, which stops the game from becoming repetitive. Problem is, outside the Online Multiplayer Only system. The Game features no protection from cheating, doesn't allow lobby or private matches as well. The Multiplayer 'Campaign' doesn't really exist in the game, The Customization is bare bones and a lot of the Universe during the Multiplayer 'Campaign' is thrown away unexplored. I've also heard PC Versions have major connection issues. When I reviewed Respawn Entertainment's Titanfall, I gave the game a Seven out of Ten. It's not Mediocre, but it isn't really worth the money either in the long run..

Sony's PlayStation 4 Exclusives:

Guerrilla Games's Killzone: Shadow Fall has Brilliant Visuals and is a technical Masterpiece for Sony's PlayStation 4 with Interesting variety during Levels, Killzone: Shadow Fall uses the mechanics within Sony's PlayStation 4 Controller during Audio Logs which are very well done. But there are a few problems within the Game, the Game Mechanics are mediocre First Person Shooter that we've seen a lot before. There are a lot of Wave type levels and a lot of padding through out levels, which is made even more difficult with the Objective Marker that blends into the surroundings. When I reviewed Guerrilla Game's Killzone: Shadow Fall I gave it an Mediocre 5 out of 10, not really worth your purchase.

Ready at Dawn's The Order: 1886 has probably some of the best visuals to date which is helped by the great attention to detail and an interesting mythos, sadly The Order: 1886 ends up being a very short Quick Time Sequence with barely worth while A.I for both Enemies/Allies and an very poor story with no actual ending. Not helped by the fact that 'Collectibles' are absolutely worthless, When I reviewed Ready at Dawn's The Order: 1886 I gave it a less then average 4 out of 10. It's not worth the purchase at full price whatsoever.

Naughty Dog's The Last Of Us Remastered looks fantastic, with memorable characters, pacing and story. Unfortunately It plays out rather Limited and generic. It's a generic story which has been told countless times, with subpar Stealth Missions and it drags on. The A.I also had a habit of either glitching up or abusing their abilities at times, when I reviewed Naughty Dog's The Last Of Us I gave it a well deserved Seven out of Ten. It's not 'God's Gift To Video Games', it's not 'Groundbreaking' simply because it doesn't follow Activision's Triple A Title formula; It's just a good well written game.

Sony's PlayStation 4 also suffers from loading and Hacking Issues.

---

Shortlist of Next Gen Exclusives Review Scores W/o Full Reviews:

Microsoft's Xbox One

1. Capcom's Dead Rising 3 - 10/10

2. Forza Motorsport 5 - 5/10

3. Ryse: Son of Rome - 4/10

4. Titanfall - 7/10

5. Sunset Overdrive - 8/10

6. Forza Horizon 2 - 5/10

7. Ori and the Blind Forest - 9/10

8. Halo: The Master Chief Collection - 5/10

9. Rare Replay - 9/10

PS4

1. Killzone Shadow Fall - 5/10

2. Knack - 4/10

3. Infamous Second Son - 6/10

4. The Order 1886 - 4/10

5. Bloodborne - 8/10

6. Helldivers - 8/10

7. Until Dawn - 6/10

---

Additional Info:

- Microsoft has released an update which allows External Hard Drives with a USB 3.0 connection, thus allowing Microsoft's Xbox One [Including myself] to update their hard drives to a 2 TB External Hard Drive with ease.

- Rocksteady Studio's Batman: Arkham Knight is unplayable on PC and has major loading and crashing issues on Sony's PlayStation 4 I wouldn't suggest purchasing Batman: Arkham Knight on either system. I had no major issues on Microsoft's Xbox One, which was the only system I finally got to finish the full review with.

---

Game Freak's Pokémon Go has to fail, if Pokémon Go succeeds then Nintendo will continue forward much like Konami into The Mobile Gaming boom in Japan. IF The People want Pokémon to remain as it is, they mustn't download or participate in Pokémon Go!

---

Additionally I've owned both Microsoft's Xbox One & Sony's PlayStation 4 from release as do The People I know, I've had more issues with lag, hacking, etc and have heard more about lag, hacking, software issues on Sony's PlayStation 4. But, IF Particular users want to attempt to paint Sony's PlayStation 4 as "The Best" then that just paints them as a lying fraud.

Source(s): I'm a video game critic, it's kinda; my job.
  • koltz

Xbox One Vs Ps4 Poll

Make your decision solely based on the games you want to play.

There's also nothing stopping you from having multiple consoles connected at any time. For instance, you could keep your Xbox 360, and buy a PS4.

Being able to play some Xbox 360 games on the Xbox One is nice, but since you already have a Xbox 360, you might as well just continue to use that for your Xbox 360 games - even if you do buy an Xbox One.

So, I'd suggest just making a list of all the PS4 games you want to play and all the Xbox One games you want to play. If a game is available on both consoles, such as Fallout 4, then put it on both lists. The console with the longer list should be an indication of which console to buy.

And if there are enough exclusives you want to play for the other console, maybe you can buy it later on, when the prices drop further. The guideline I use is a console must have at least 5 exclusives I want to play, before I'll buy it.

Xbox One is horribly glitchy now, with the new UI. Freezes up, games crash, faulty blu ray players, long installation times. Now there is a new issues with fans started to go bad within the system and click loudly. And get worse over time. And the power supplies don't last long at all. Many games are good, the graphics just aren't as good, and many games aren't Native resolutions, but upscaled.

PS4-Also has problems, but less. Fans go out on them, now they have the spitting out disc issue, which isn't a concern for me since I do all digital. But games install within seconds, if you do use a disc. Graphics are better, clearly in some cases, others just marginally. I'm not as into the PS4 exclusives though. But for 3rd party titles PS4 is a no brainer. Just better. The only reason I got "another Xbox" was for Rise Of The TR, played it then sold the system for another PS4. Now I'm just waiting on Uncharted, Hitman, and a few others. I'm not a hardcore gamer. But I like to buy and sell. ha So I never use one for long term.

My final answers-Whichever has the best Exclusives. If you like 3rd party games better. PS4 for sure.

• ulrich

Xbox Ome

- Keza MacDonald - Editor, Kotaku UK

"For me it comes down to the variety of games, and PS4 has that sewn up right now. You can play all the biggest games on both consoles, but if your tastes are eclectic, Sony's indie and in-house lineup is irresistible."

No Man's Sky are only available on the PlayStation 4. As you’d expect, third-party games such as FIFA, Fallout 4 and Destiny are available on both the Xbox One and the PS4.

They are both good consoles it depends on your preference. I find Xbox had better game titles. Also pay attention to what your friends are playing if you want to game online with them.

very interesting question