How much will it cost me out of pocket to buy an $80,000 home using an FHA loan and a 3.5 percent down payment?

My credit score is not fantastic I will barely meet the lowest requirement of 640. I am hoping to buy in 2017. I know at 3.5 percent the DP will be $2,800 and I am confident in my ability to save this amount. I want to make sure I save plenty of money for all the other parts of buying a home as well. This will be my first home purchase and I have no clue as to the actual costs for things like inspections, realtors, bank fees, etc. so any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • LILL
    Lv 7
    4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The closing costs will run around $4000.00. Most lender will also require you to have at least 3 months of mortgage payments in your savings/checking account.

• 4 years ago

You will need at least $3000. in your bank account as well as another $ 3000.- $ 6000. for closing costs

and lawyer's fees, inspection,insurance and utilities deposits, at the time you apply for a mortgage. You

cannot risk being denied the mortgage as a denial will damage your chances of approval the next time.

Every denial shows on your credit record.

Source(s): Knowledge.
  • FAHq
    Lv 6
    4 years ago

gonna finance 77 thousand lets say 5% interest 5% of 77K is$3.850.oo 320 a month in interest the first month lets say a mortgage payment of 450 per month another 200 per month to cover tax an insurance ...over 30 years you pay about 170 thousand dollars...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.