If your child wanted to have a confederate flag would you let them? Explain why or why not?

I would because it's an important historical symbol, and I don't find it offensive. Would you?

Favorite Answer

I am from the south and it really makes me mad about the Confederate flag. I personally don't see anything offensive with it....My sons are grown and if they wanted one then it be great.

• Zeke

Uhh, no, I wouldn't. That flag may very well be a historical symbol, but it also represents discrimination, segregation, racism. Why would anyone let their child have something that symbolizes hatred? All those people who were affected by it, that flag is a nightmare to them. People wave it around on their porches, and sometimes even on license plates. It's disgusting. I honestly don't see how someone can't find that disgusting flag offensive.

• Shark

inside

No. He's not putting racist symbols up in my house. When he moves out, he can do what he wants.

Since our forefather fought for the Union, I would not allow it as an insult to him

• Marbo

Inside, if they want it just because of the way it looked.

• Asep

No