Blackstar ID:CORE to Orange 35RT guitar amp.?

Is it a good idea to go from a 15 watt blackstar id:core amp to the orange 35rt? I don't have a lot of money but i'm just wondering am i just buying another amp that is really the same thing and wasting my money or is it good. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

You are basically in the same ballpark of small practice amps with small speakers and I don't think you'll get a better sounding amp by going for the Orange - slightly more volume perhaps. If all you do is practice on your own, I would save my money if I were you.

Then again, the only true test is to try them out for yourself as all amps have their own thing and they all give their own sonic impression.

• OU812

I have the ID Core 40 and it is a good sounding amp, the Orange will not be an upgrade. I also have the THR 10. It is also a great amp but not sure it is worth $300 to upgrade from the Blackstar. I'd just stick the the ID until you're ready to move to a tube amp.

For about the same price you can get a Yamaha THR10x. It has tons of features, and USB direct recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACi3Pxshsl8

Youtube thumbnail