Blackstar ID:CORE to Orange 35RT guitar amp.?

Is it a good idea to go from a 15 watt blackstar id:core amp to the orange 35rt? I don't have a lot of money but i'm just wondering am i just buying another amp that is really the same thing and wasting my money or is it good. Thanks.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You are basically in the same ballpark of small practice amps with small speakers and I don't think you'll get a better sounding amp by going for the Orange - slightly more volume perhaps. If all you do is practice on your own, I would save my money if I were you.

Then again, the only true test is to try them out for yourself as all amps have their own thing and they all give their own sonic impression.

• OU812
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

I have the ID Core 40 and it is a good sounding amp, the Orange will not be an upgrade. I also have the THR 10. It is also a great amp but not sure it is worth $300 to upgrade from the Blackstar. I'd just stick the the ID until you're ready to move to a tube amp.

• 5 years ago

For about the same price you can get a Yamaha THR10x. It has tons of features, and USB direct recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACi3Pxshsl8

Youtube thumbnail

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.