How do you include the reader in a fan fiction?

So, suddenly I've spiked an interest in writing fan fiction, but I'm not clear on everything about fan fiction writing styles. I'm wondering how a writer would go about writing from the reader's point of view. Like, when other characters are "interacting" with the reader, can you just make... show more So, suddenly I've spiked an interest in writing fan fiction, but I'm not clear on everything about fan fiction writing styles. I'm wondering how a writer would go about writing from the reader's point of view. Like, when other characters are "interacting" with the reader, can you just make up a name for the reader or do you put something like *your name here*?

Also, is there anything else I should know before I begin writing fan fiction?

-Thanks
Update: Also, about inserting a readers name, would it work the same for physical characteristics? Like, could you make up the reader's appearance or do you have to but something like *your eye colour here*?