Anonymous

Why does everyone make a big deal about the lack of black nominee's at award shows?

When they have the NAACP Awards and BET Awards that are EXCLUSIVLY for black people? If they want equality, why do they need separate award shows? Isn't that promoting segregation?

• Vegito

Who told you those two are exclusive?

Sam Smith -won the best new artist BET award in 2015 - also won a NAACP image award.

Iggy Azalea -nominated for Best female artist for the BET awards

Meanwhile 4 of the 10 nominees in the "Outstanding Duo, Group or Collaboration" category for the image awards were white.

Both Steven Speilberg and George Lucas have won image awards as well.

Robin Thicke - nominated 4 times for the BET awards

Daft Punk - Nominated for the BET awards as well.

The last two examples are Eminem(he was nominated five times for the BET awards) and Justin Bieber. The list goes on. But I must be silly, did the same source tell you that all these people are actually Black in disguise? Must be bliss following everything you hear without any thought.

Those awards aren't exclusively for "Black" people... Since 2012 nearly two dozen non-Black nominees have been nominated for BET awards... And with the NAACP Image Awards.. It was made to recognize the achievements of POC, but Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, Carlos Santana, Bono, Al Gore and Smith have all won NAACP Image Awards. That's all true. And Sandra Bullock, Dakota Fanning, and Angelina Jolie have all been nominated..

• Them

Mostly it's just fascist media like FOX FAKE "News" and Lush Limbo. They just search around and try to cause any sort of fake "controversy" they can. As their Billionaires rob America, they want you thinking about something else.

Also this fake "black nominee" thing is meant to show that sleazy republicans aren't really racists after all - just look how CONCERNED they are with black rights!!! OMG... they're just so CONCERNED!

There's no end to the bullsh*t that the republicans will create in order to give their idiot followers something to get really Big Fake Outraged about.

As soon as this fake "controversy" runs out of gas, they'll create the next "really important one"..... you can count on it

In case you didn't realize, the NAACP and BET Awards were created because of inequality in the major award shows. If these Black events didn't exist, Black actors wouldn't get the chance to be appreciated for their craft.

Ironically, these award shows nominate and award White artists while the major award shows which are supposed to be diverse is nothing but White.

Because some people take prejudice out of context, and I guess with more black racial awareness they still believe the systems were made to prejudice against people of color and want to integrate and let it be known prejudice still lives. I don't think they know what they are doing, I am mixed: white, black, and Asian. I think they are taking things out of context, and being hypocrites. I stay out of that stuff in modern day. I am thankful for those sisters and brothers that lost their lives for my freedom, well half of it ha.

• White people win BET awards. Do research idiot.

There's this special kind of irony about your question. I wonder if you'll figure it out. lol. Your answer is found in your questions.

prejudice