Do you agree that this is true by the two verses of the Bible, John 4:24 and Revelation 4: 8, which says that God is the Holy Spirit ?

Update:

" Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty "as it is written in Isaiah 6: 3 which connects by Revelation 4:8

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

NO-THE HOLY SPIRIT IS GOD'S ACTIVE FORCE BY WHICH HIS WILL IS DONE.

================

Misconception: The Bible personifies the holy spirit, and this proves that it is a person.

Fact: The Scriptures do at times personify the holy spirit, but this does not prove that the holy spirit is a person. The Bible also personifies wisdom, death, and sin. (Proverbs 1:20; Romans 5:17, 21) For example, wisdom is said to have “works” and “children,” and sin is depicted as seducing, killing, and working out covetousness.—Matthew 11:19; Luke 7:35; Romans 7:8, 11.

Similarly, when the apostle John quoted Jesus, he personified the holy spirit as a “helper” (paraclete) that would give evidence, guide, speak, hear, declare, glorify, and receive. He used masculine personal pronouns such as “he” or “him” when referring to that “helper.” (John 16:7-15) However, he did so because the Greek word for “helper” (pa·ra′kle·tos) is a masculine noun and requires a masculine pronoun according to the rules of Greek grammar. When John referred to the holy spirit using the neuter noun pneu′ma, he used the genderless pronoun “it.”—John 14:16, 17.

Source(s): BIBLE BASED ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&so...
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

What exactly are you asking for agreement about? Rev 4:8 says no such thing.

Revelation 4:8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

It is not reliable to ask people to tell you what the bible says. Many people will make up stuff because they don't know what it says, and many will make up stuff because they wish it would not say what it says. You just have to read it for yourself. Read a chapter of Proverbs every day. Proverbs has 31 chapters so you can keep your place by just looking at a calendar. There is no religion or nothing in Proverbs and you don't have to believe anything. Just read every day. When you are comfortable with that, then read the bible from Romans to 2 Thessalonians over and over until you start to remember what it says. That is the part that applies to Christians. Here is a book to help you to understand the bible. It's a free download and you can get a hard copy at any bible book store. http://philologos.org/__eb-htetb/ "How To Enjoy The Bible"

• 5 years ago

When it comes to understanding the nature of God, it is necessary to consider EVERYTHING the bible says about him.

In fact, this is EXACTLY how we arrive at the idea of the trinity.

Everything Scripture reveals about God is a stream of evidence that needs to be weighed and considered. When The Bible tells us there is only one God, then that must be considered to be the truth. When it tells us that God is a spirit and that he is The Father, then those things must be considered to be true as well. So when Scripture teaches the deity of Christ and the personhood of The Holy Spirit, then those things must be considered as well.

The doctrine of The Trinity is the result of considering all of the streams of evidence from Scripture and reconciling them with each other. The result is basically this...

There is one God

God is a Spiritual Being

The Being of God is comprised or three co-equal and co-eternal persons ~

The Father

The Son

The Holy Spirit

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

(John 4:24) God IS a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in SPIRIT and in TRUTH.

*You could say the triune Godhead is being described here.

-God the Father

-Spirit - Holy Spirit.

-Truth -Son.

(Rev 8:4) Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which WAS, and IS, and is to COME.

-Holy Father.

-holy Son.

-holy Spirit.

*Perhaps this is not enough to convince you that God is triune in nature. So what about these interesting words used in this scripture:

Lord God Almighty.

-Which was.

-And is.

-Is to Come.

(Rev 1:4) Grace be unto you, and peace from HIM

-Which is.

-Which was.

-Which is to come.

*Who is John referring to using the same three descriptions in (Rev 4:8)?

(Rev 1:7) Behold, he COMETH with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him.

*Him is obviously Jesus Christ in this verse who cometh (coming) back to earth -- the same person described in (v:4)

Now let's read v:8.

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, WHICH IS, and WHICH WAS, and WHICH IS to COME, the Almighty"

*Now come on Jules who is the Lord Almighty which is, which was and which is to come ?

Answer >Jesus Christ<

*Who else can it be ?

(Rev 1:17) Fear not; I am the first and the last (Which is)

v:17 I am he that liveth, and was dead; (Which was)

and behold I am alive for evermore (Which is to come)

*Do you believe these scriptures are true of Jesus Christ as Lord God Almighty and the eternal triune Godhead?

Source(s): KJV 1611
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Scripture also plainly states that Jesus' confession of who He truly and fully Is, is embodied in His testimony, (1 Timothy 6:13), and that this testimony is the spirit of prophecy itself.

'Then I fell at his feet to worship him. But the angel said to me, 'Do not do that; I am a fellow servant of yours and your brethren who hold the testimony of Jesus; worship God. For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.' (Revelation 19:10)

Scripture indicates that the spirit of this testimony and all genuine prophecy is the Holy Spirit, (1 Corinthians 12:3).

This makes the spirit of Jesus, the 'Holy Spirit.' Thus, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are One in the same Person and One in the same Spirit, expressing the same testimony, the same prophecy and the same sacred words but through three intimately intertwined works of separate confirmation in accordance with their own divine Law of multiple independent witness confirmation, (Deuteronomy 17:6, Matthew 18:16, 2 Corinthians 13:1, John 8:17-18).

• 5 years ago

i have doubts that God the Father is a spirit entity beccause of modern revelation which restored truth to the world and the priesthood, with keys f authority and living prophets.

i can understand jesus saying worship the Father in spirit and truth, but i can also imagine that Jesus was a spirit before he was born. but i cant believe jesus and Heavenly Father are teh same being and personage

21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

22 Ye worship ye aknow not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall aworship the Father in spirit and in btruth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

the simple reason is that modern prophets say that God is an exalted man, with a body of flesh and bone just like jesus was resurrected with. and when the Lord appeared to Abraham in the valley Gen 18, abraham prepared food for 3 beings and (they did eat it). the apostle Parley P Pratt (19th century) described God as having body parts and passions.. and one prophet even described the belly of God as having sound coming from it, like gas. go figure.

i dont get the connection from Rev 4:8 to God being a spirit but the Holy Ghost is a separate personage too. knowing Jesus is resurrected, with a body of flesh and bones for he said a spirit does not have a body, he sends us the Holy Ghost as a comforter and as a guide unto all truth, but only if we follow him...

• Brenda
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

No John states that God is a spirit...meaning we cannot see Him....angels are also spirits......holy spirit is Gods active force that He uses to accomplish His will...it was used to creat the earth and man..it was used upon those who wrote the bible....it was used to save his people to cross red sea ....it helps us to understand if we ask for it.......John 14:26 is just one example...but you will find many examples just look under holy spirit in the back of your bible

• 5 years ago

“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.” Isaiah 6:3

"... holy to the Lord " Exodus 28:36

" Be holy because I, the Lord your God, am holy. " Leviticus 19:2

We have believed and have come to know that you are the Holy One of God.” John 6:69

The Bible describes logically therefore that his “name is holy.” Isaiah 57:15 ; Matthew 6:9

"Let them praise your great and awesome name he (God) is holy." Psalm 99:3

" Look down from heaven and see, from your lofty throne (God), holy and glorious. " Isaiah 63:15

"Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God." 2 Corinthians 7:1

for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.” 1 Peter 1:16

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.