Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 years ago

Lets say your airplane was going to crash, could you accept God as your savior?

or is there a waiting period like buying a gun?

• Favorite Answer

Highly unlikely. The moments I've seen in life in which a theist might start thinking of their deity, I was only focused on what was going on and how to stop/change/fix it, no deities ever crossed my mind. I'm sure an eminent plane crash would likely be the same. If anything I'd be thinking of loved ones I'd never see again, I would not be wasting the remaining thoughts on a deity I didn't think was real.

• Den B7

You are assuming that the person hasn't already accepted God, right?

An atheist would simply worry about impending death, maybe write a quick goodbye note.

• Evan

Could I? Yes (if God actually saved me from dying.....that's the definition of savior, in case you're wondering..)

Would I? Only if He did save me. Otherwise, no.

• ?

Yes you could accept God as your savior as long as you are alive.

Yes

• 1ofU

If he got in the cockpit and stopped the plane from crashing, yeah, I'd accept that. Otherwise, I don't see hat help he would be.

I've been in a situation where I thought I was going to die. I was an atheist before, during and still am.

• ?

What God? No God has ever given me a reason to believe in it. I'll put my faith in the pilots training, and the safety equipment of the aircraft.

No. When was the last time an aircraft crash was prevented by your imaginary "god"?

Yes...one way to convert atheists to believers... put them in an airplane and tell them it's coming down...watch what would happen