Masturbation is a sin! (More of a rant; not really a question haha)?

Just wondering why Christians are saying that masturbation is not a sin? I'm a Christian as well, and I was addicted to masturbation for awhile. I fell for the devil's lies, and believed it wasn't a sin, so I kept it up. But in reality, it is very much a sin, and if you think it's not; you're lying to yourself and God. You know deep down that God doesn't approve of it. Don't give in to the devil and the world's lies! If you are a Christian and you believe that masturbation is not a sin, you are being decieved! Pray that God opens your eyes and gives you wisdom so you can see the truth.

Firstly, as Christians we're called to be like Jesus. Obviously that's impossible because he was perfect; but we must try our best. One of the things that Jesus NEVER did was masturbate. He didn't seek self pleasure; he found delightment in God and Holiness. He was filled by the Spirit, not by a lack of self-control, and pleasurable temptations. So as Christians, if you're striving to be like Jesus; why are pretending that masturbation isn't a sin? Jesus would have never masturbated because he knew it wasn't holy or pure. Don't let the devil and world decieve you. They will tell you that it is "good" and "natural" and that God gave it to us for a reason. They will call me foolish, even on this same page in the comments below, for trying to preach this. But don't listen! You need to repent and stop giving into lust and fleshly desires! Praying for you guys. God bless!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 years ago
    Best Answer

Many would say that it’s not a big deal. “No one gets hurt,” they argue. However, there’s good reason to avoid the practice. The apostle Paul wrote: “Deaden, therefore, your body members . . . as respects . . . sexual appetite.” (Colossians 3:5) Masturbation does not deaden sexual appetite but fuels it. In addition, consider the following:

● Masturbation instills attitudes that are totally self-centered. For example, when masturbating, a person is immersed in his or her own body sensations.

● Masturbation causes one to view those of the opposite sex as mere objects, or tools, for self-gratification.

● The selfish thinking that is instilled through the practice of masturbation can make satisfying sexual relations in marriage difficult to achieve.

Rather than resort to masturbation to relieve pent-up sexual urges, strive to cultivate self-control. (1 Thessalonians 4:4, 5) To help you to do that, the Bible recommends that you avoid circumstances that might arouse you sexually in the first place. (Proverbs 5:8, 9)

Does that answer your question?

Source(s): jw.org
  • BJ
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

The Bible does not specifically mention masturbation, the deliberate self-stimulation that produces sexual arousal and orgasm.

Although the term “masturbation” does not occur in the Bible, can there be any doubt that it is a mentally and emotionally defiling practice? Would not continued defilement of this sort seriously damage one’s personal relationship with God and make one unclean in God’s sight?

sexual offenses such as premarital sex (fornication), homosexuality, adultery, and bestiality are plainly condemned as gross sins in the Bible, masturbation is not mentioned.

Masturbation was common in the Greek-speaking world during Bible times, and several Greek words were used to describe the practice.

Interestingly, not one of these words is used in the Bible.

• itsme
    Lv 6
    4 years ago

Yes, it's true that masturbation really IS a sin! 1 Corinthians 6:18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body.

• 4 years ago

Why Christians are saying it or which Christians are saying it. THATS THE QUESTION.

Answer: Those who dont read the Bible daily, those who dont pray daily, those who seek answers ONLINE instead of from God and His Word Bible are the once that say:

Gay is OK, Masturbation is OK, Femenism is OK etc.

You get the picture.

They say those things (agree with ) because they dont know any better.

They dont know any better because they dont want to know.

Lies is easier if u dont know.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

He wanted people to get it over with and reduce time thinking about it?

Better to rant than to let it bother you.

Life is a melody.

• itsme
      Lv 6
      4 years agoReport

Yes, it's true that masturbation really IS a sin! 1 Corinthians 6:18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body.

• 4 years ago

You are right, it is a rant, and a very ignorant one.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

I can't hear u over the sound of me fapping to Kate Upton videos

• itsme
      Lv 6
      4 years agoReport

Yes, it's true that masturbation really IS a sin!

1 Corinthians 6:18

Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body.

• 4 years ago

Every time you masturbate, God kills a kitten.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.