Is child 44 a good book to read for a high school student?

So recently I started reading books. I have read young adult books like divergent and the hobbit. But every time I tell someone I wanna read child 44 they say it will be to hard of a book to read. Can I get some details on what kind of a book child 44 is and what type of age group is it targeting.

• Tim M
    Best Answer

Forget about target ages. Millions of adults read teen/young adult fiction. An ambitious 8 year can read Les Miserables. I haven't come across very many books that I thought were hard to read. "The Ambassadors" by Henry James was probably the hardest novel. I read it at age 53.

Find a list of the 100 greatest books of all time. There are many such lists. Reading War and Peace, The Bothers Karamazov, and The Iliad will change and enrich your life.

It is a is a thriller novel (adult) about a disgraced member of the Russian military police investigates a series of child murders during the Stalin-era Soviet Union. Recently made into a Movie. It is also the first of a book trilogy.

[quote] "the atmosphere of paranoia and [paralyzing] fear is brilliantly portrayed and unremittingly grim" Review in The Sunday Telegraph (London)..

Age appropriate assignments of books means nothing IF you Enjoy the book. This applies to movies and TV shows, too.

Why don't you try it for yourself? It's not going to hurt you if you decide to not finish it yet.