Other than proof of insurance, what paperwork am I required to keep in my vehicle?

I know, it's a silly *** question, but I haven't owned or driven a car in over ten years. State of Maryland by the way.

• g
    Favorite Answer

Proof of insurance and current vehicle registration. Keep the original of your vehicle reg at home and make a copy or a scan to keep in your vehicle.

• Bill

Vehicle Registration and proof of Insurance.

When you are driving, you are required to have your license, the car registration, and the proof of insurance. These three things must be in the car when you are driving. You are not required to keep anything in the vehicle when it is parked. You may carry them with you if you prefer, which is probably better anyway (so that someone who steals the car doesn't get them and so that you can have them with you if you need them when you are not in the car).

Always carry your drivers license, registration, and proof of insurance.

Even though this information might be accessible online, you don't always know if you are going to have a connection.

Everything is computerized today. You don't need to carry any physical paperwork in the car. Your registration, insurance and title can all be referenced online.

However, it does make sense to keep proof of insurance and a copy of your current registration in the car in the event of a police stop. You never know the attitude of the officer when you get pulled over.

registration, insurance and carry your license with you always when driving