A new concealed carry gun that looks like a " Smart Phone " would you buy one ?

Sorry, I find it amusing. Someone is going to make a gun that looks like a smart phone. I heard no further details. I knew Taurus is making/going to make one they call the " Contour " in .380 ACP. The new tacticool is stealthy, ooooooo.

Would you ever consider buying one ?

Yes, JetDoc is correct. My mistake a Taurus " Curve ". The frame has a curve.

Just saw a news article...The maker is going to educate TSA and cops how to spot the phone gun. Might as well, likely just go with the old school .38 Pen Gun. I still do not own a Pen Gun. In fact have thrown a couple in the trash.

So Higgy says basically " Wait and see ". I guess that is what he said. No, well maybe, possibly. Got it Higgy, wait and see.

Best Answer

I saw that......I do not want one.

I guess, maybe?....I could see a place for it?

http://www.kare11.com/news/mn-company-invents-gun-...

• Staap It
      4 years agoReport

Looks like a " transformer ". Someone was making a book looking box for a Glock I believe much like that. Fold it out and the Glock had a makeshift shoulder stock also. Can't find a link anymore for it.

• ?

I saw this advertise last week in some yahoo "news" article It was only a 2 shot gun, positioned to be something that was open carried, but concealed at the same time. I don't think it's for me, so no, I wouldn't buy one.

Now, if it was a fully functional smart phone plus a gun, maybe...

I'm not a fan of small 1/4" drive socket sets, or 3/8" - 1/2" is the way to go. But I don't condemn those who do like them. This new pistol - it's just a new tool - you may not need one, but, someone else might.

Allot of us work for companies or in buildings where it is technically legal and ok to carry concealed - but - being seen with a firearm might alarm co-workers or visitors. Winter time isn't a challenge for me - but - summer is.

I could see this gun being popular with women who are required to dress nice for work but don't want to risk flashing a concealed weapon when a purse if opened or emptying a pocket. My wife used to be in charge of a casino cash cage - part of her job when running a credit card was to confiscate a card flagged by the card company....... she had no shortage of angry men pounding on the glass when she did this. Most nights security escorted her to her car and waited for her to drive off the lot - but - some nights the escort didn't happen. She was discouraged to carry a firearm (the skimpier the outfit, the more leg you showed - the better the tips) - but she did. I could see this new phone looking gun making carrying concealed for personal protection much easier.

We had a local radio host who was very radical Pro 2nd Amendment and elected to the local Assembly. He was a big guy and had to open carry in summer. When ever someone disagreed with him - they always, always, always made a stink about fearing for their life speaking at public meetings knowing he had a gun. WTF? I am quite sure half the folks in those meetings were concealed carry, some open carry - but - anyone who objected with his stand on minor crap like which side of the street to put a sidewalk - they always dinged him for having a gun in the meetings a cherry on top of their argument. Folks stuck in this position - yes - a cell phone gun would make sense.

I though the article on CNN about police having a negative reaction - was **** poor. Most crime guns are stolen - are they not? And last I heard - if a cop is ordering you to raise your hands - reaching for a cell phone (or anything in your pocket) was a great way to get shot, right? So no real change or added danger.

I bet this either flops - or - becomes a popular 'chick' gun with all kinds of pink and sparkly covers or Duracoat paint jobs.

• Laughy

I saw that gun, and I wouldn't want it, because you have to open it up, and it doesn't look very ergonomic as far as guns go. Even if they refine the design I wouldn't want it. I'm not worried about someone accidentally seeing my gun. The people who know I carry are comfortable around my when I do. And I not going to be responsible for the psychological perception of others. And besides most of those people look at me with confidence, since I don't look like a whacko. I carry for self-defense, and if i'm going to take the responsibility of the use of deadly force, i'm not going to fool myself, to protect the paranoia of others. It's a real deal situation, and no one in the general public knows I carry. Unfortunately for the inventer of the gun your talking about, some little kid saw his gun in a restaurant and told his mommy. Police officers carry guns too. So do criminals. The little kid doesn't understand, and the only ones responsible for the little kids understanding are the person carrying concealed, not to show his firearm. And the kids parent teaching the kid as he grows up. What's going to happen when the kid grows up and drinks alcohol? Is he going to get drunk ad drive. "it's not my problem", and therefor it's not going to affect how I do things. Especially when it comes to something that you can take chances with. I'm working with as close to 100% efficiency as I can, and i'm not going to hamper that efficiency with a lesser performing firearm. Because we all know when the time comes, no matter how good we are, there is no 100% I'm not going to make my percentages less.

• Staap It
      4 years agoReport

I would be MORE concerned of the thing going off expectantly, while you are fiddling around get it ready to go. Hey, also wanted to let you know I DID come back and read your answer. Thank you Laughy.

I'll spend about as much money on this phone gun as I'll spend on ice cream that comes premixed with ketchup. Two great ideas don't always combine to make one great product.

I just don't see a need for this. How many people do you know who want to carry a gun but don't because they can't figure out how to conceal it? Its already pretty simple to put a 9mm shield in a decent holster and pull your shirt over it.

Legally speaking there's no advantage to this mutant phone-gun because its still a gun so if you carry it where you're not supposed to you're taking the same risks as carrying a real gun.

So I'll skip the phone-gun, but please pass the ketchup, my ice cream is starting to melt.

• Staap It
      4 years agoReport

I am hoping this is David reading........ice cream with ketchup Yeeeeeeuck

• BBean

So they have been making gimmiks for centuries. My favorite one was the gun in the belt buckle that when intentional abs flexed the buckle flew open...a gun flipped out...and a second flex fired it. I just wonder many wives sitting across table were shot at a gut-stuffing. Then if this device were semi-auto and laughing at what happened to the wife shot all the people at the next table behind her.

That`s what comes to my mind when someone actually wants one of these centuries-old concepts. Don`t buy one of these dumb "smart" phone unless you want to be the queen of cell block 13.

So, an emphatic NO.

• JetDoc

The new Taurus .380 is called the "curve." I saw one in a store for the first time a few weeks ago. It's a lot smaller than I expected it to be. These "novelty" guns are for people who want to feel good about carrying a concealed weapon, but never expect to actually need to use it.

• Staap It
      4 years agoReport

Yes, your right my mistake. I have the magazine laying around somewhere that has the article. I was too lazy to look at it. BUT, I remembered the "bent" frame looking thing. Currrrrve, goofy people.

Maybe. Anyone who has to deal with the professional business environment appreciates the concept. Honestly though the Urban Carry holster solves the problem just as well and gives you the chance to carry a much better firearm.

I don't know, I have no further details.

Edit: And you were wrong, the Taurus Curve looks nothing like a smart phone.

• Staap It
      4 years agoReport

I don't / didn't see where you get that i said the Taurus looks like a smart phone.

Only for a BUG.