Betta fish living area suitable??
He s in a Marina Cubus tank ( .9 gallons ) I have 1 inch of small pebbles on the bottom, a small plastic plant in one corner and water filled 1 inch from the top. I heard they require 5 gallons minimum but I dont have enough money for a 5 gallon atm! Is he okay in this tank? I cant find a heater small enough for it so I keep my room warm and put a reptile mat heater next to it (Keeps it at 82*F)when the temp drops, I also change 1/4-1/2 his water weekly and feed him 5 pellets a day
- AkeathLv 75 years ago
You might be better off getting a plastic tote - like from Target - that is larger than what you have now. It should be pretty cheap, and can work temporarily for your Betta as you save up for a 5 gallon. You should still do daily partial water changes until you get both a 5 gallon and a filter, though.
- BettaFanLv 75 years ago
1. 5 gallon aquarium
2. 78-82 degrees, heater needed
3. Places to hide and explore (driftwood/ plants)
4. Feed 3 pellets daily and a freeze dried bloodworm once a week as a treat
5. Do not put two bettas together! Not even a female!
6. Do 25% water changes once a week.
7. Light filter (sponge filter is best)
- Anonymous5 years ago
no, that is too small, and you should be doing full water changes every 1-2 days. dont' get a pet if you can't afford proper things for it.. he needs at least 5g , a heater, and filter.