What would the proof that there is no god look like?

Or can you not even imagine any such proof?

Update:

No one seems to be interpreting the question. I mean the question quite literally. What could you possibly do to prove god doesn't exist? I'm allowing anything. You could discover that by saying "I want to leave the simulation." while touching your nose makes you wake up in another world with diodes attached to your temples. Even this doesn't prove that there is no god (in fact it may suggest that the creator of the simulation is god of the simulation).

Update 2:

All these answers and no one even came close to answering THE QUESTION I ASKED. Instead they substituted in their own question and answered that.

Update 3:

Layla was the only one who even tried. But she still really avoided answering the question. "These smart guys don't believe in god, so there must be no god." was basically her answer. But still, it was 867 times better than anyone else's answer.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Layla
    Lv 6
    4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

so, these advanced beings from another place in the vastness of the universe pop in one day and tell our world leaders that they once had their eye on earth to test an experiment of some live cultures that they have been working on. They left the cultures in some key locations all over the earth and have now returned to see the progress of the experiment. To the advanced beings, it was like a month ago but in earth time, billions of years passed. Then the world leader tells the advanced beings everything that we have learned so far about our natural world and they listen with interest. Finally, the world leader brings up religion...and the advanced aliens pat the world leader on the head and explain to him that there isn't anything like that in the universe and to stick to logic and facts because intellectual honesty leads to intellectual evolution. The aliens help the world leader inform the rest of the world of the regressive harm of religion and explains the truth to everyone. A great deal of the hopelessly indoctrinated go bananas and kill themselves and others, screaming about it not being true that their god is made up. The national guard has to declare martial law for years to diffuse the ensuing chaos and when everything is brought back to order again, the advanced beings become ambassadors of the earth and help clean up superstitious harmful habits all over the planet. Eventually, using their advanced knowledge, we achieve immortality and some of us travel out into the vast universe to do experiments of our own....the end :)

• Layla
      Lv 6
      3 years agoReport

since you gave me best answer i will offer a direct answer to your question: The answer is that we cannot prove that there is no deity because it is a null hypothesis. One does not prove a negative such as lack of existence :) I could no sooner prove that there are no such thing as aliens

• 4 years ago

Humans are proof God exists..

We are not 1 notch above apes.

People that use their God given brains can see this.

We do not have to live off of instincts like every other animal.

We have free will to decide what to do,& decide between right & wrong.

Why would nature make us slower & weaker than the apes,take away defense mechanisms like sharp teeth,& sharp claws to fight off predators?

Why would nature make us terrible tree climbers,with which apes did to avoid predators.Why would nature take away our fur,& leave us out to freeze to death?

Nature would have done a real crappy job of evolving us!

If animals evolve into different animals,then it's safe to assume the old animal would disappear.Yet there are still plenty of apes,& monkeys,& none of these apes & monkeys are partially evolved into humans.There are no half ape/half man creatures.Which makes one wonder why a few apes would evolve into humans,& then the whole evolution thing shut down.

God created man in his own image.He made us intelligent,& gave us free will so that we could rule over the animals.God said each animal would produce its own kind,& that is exactly what we have.

We are not 1 notch above apes,as evolutionists say.We are thousands of notches above apes.

• User
      Lv 5
      4 years agoReport

You clearly have no idea how evolution works. Your post is just as nonsensical as the rest.

• 4 years ago

Atheists aren't making a claim. Providing evidence that a god or gods exist must be provided by the theists as they are the ones making the claim that a deity exists. What would that peer reviewed evidence look like?

• User
      Lv 5
      4 years agoReport

SO WHAT IF A PROOF ISN'T REQUIRED FOR X? I AM ASKING A QUESTION. If you spent a few minutes actually thinking about the question maybe you could come up with a relevant answer.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Reducio ad absurdum. Possibly a chain of reasoning that leads to the conclusion that a violent act and preventing it are both of absolute moral good on the contingency that God exists.

Same way I prove the square root of 2 is irrational.

• User
      Lv 5
      4 years agoReport

What? I know the proof that root(2) is irrational, I can't see any similar proof for god. Also you seem to be trying to disprove of an all powerful and benevolent god. But it's hard to tell because your post is nonsense.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

There is no way to know that there is no God, much less prove it. However, atheists serve a valuable purpose. They point out some inconsistencies in Christian dogma, such as involving the Trinity, that we really ought to reexamine.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

The Second Commandment Requires that We Never even make an "image" of GOD or we are greatly sinning! Keep your mind blank at all times!

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

The proof really is staring at us in the face. The only problem is that some humans unfortunately can be brainwashed, rather than think for themselves.

• Lv 6
      4 years agoReport

Oh stop whining!

• 4 years ago

The very same as "proof" there is no Tooth Fairy, or Santa, or Bigfoot.

In short, it's illogical. One does not "prove" that something does not exist.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Like the natural world and that's because that is all there is.

• 4 years ago

DNA, diamonds , the whole age of the solar system, slow worms!

Or.. Nature, science and nature

• S
      Lv 6
      4 years agoReport

How is this proof that there is no Divine Creator?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.