Christians! Which of these two possible worlds is preferable? A. A world with religion but also war and poverty? B. A world with no religion?

... but with peace and no poverty.

Which hypothetical scenario is preferable to you?

Update:

Notice that the Christians here are too afraid to answer such a question! I wonder why that is?

Update 2:

It's because they are morally corrupted! The one's with enough intelligence will know this and shut up and hide. The one's without will have the gall to offer some lame excuse.

Update 3:

Religion ensures that world peace and human flourishing will always come second to superstition and delusion. This is exactly why I show nothing but utter contempt for religion. With religion there is no possible way that we can ever achieve peace and harmony on a global scale.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 years ago
    Best Answer

It is but human nature to select a world of peace without poverty, with or without religion.

• Ernest S
      Lv 7
      4 years agoReport

@ Wisecrack - only for the profane and carnal.

• 4 years ago

A.

A world with no religion would still have war and poverty.

• Paul S
    Lv 5
    4 years ago

This is a false dichotomy which creates a strawman. One does not equal the other. Religion is not the cause of war (though some have in some times been responsible for war). Sel lordship is the cause of ALL war. Whenever any person or persons or nation believes they have a right or duty to make everyone else conform to their "way" all the other self lords will react and resist...

So it is even in families. When a husband tries to lord it over his wife other wife the husband...when Mao the atheist met this resistance against his lordship 65,000,000 people died, when Stalin the atheist went to ideological war in that nation 20,000,000 people died....in just these two atheists more people died (starved and suffered) than all the religious wars in history combined. So your hypothetical scenario is just a bad fairy tale....

• When you say a world without religion, how did that come to be?

I'm all for peace for the better good, but what happened that made everyone give up on religion?

• torpex2002
      Lv 7
      4 years agoReport

dont play dumb, it's cos they saw the trap coming - having to forgo personal bliss for global bliss, it would reveal their insurmountable selfishness to give an honest answer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

I'm not a Christian, but surely anyone sane would choose a world with no religion but with peace and poverty.

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

As that is not, never has been, nor ever will be an option, it is rather pointless asking.

If you want a society without faith belief, feel free to go and live on North Korea. Sorry, but Enver Hixha no longer rules Albania, so one other 'religion free' society has gone.

• North Korea worships the Un family line as deities. The whole 'does he poop' thing isn't just a joke. NK is alot like europe in the Dark Ages. They're not aware of the outside world, except through whatever propaganda they've been fed.

• 4 years ago

A world with no religion and no war is a world with no human beings.

So, being a human being myself, I prefer A - a world with human beings - to B - a world with no human beings.

• 4 years ago

For all of your poking and jabbing at us, and mocking our beliefs, you are still no closer to understanding what we actually believe.

We don't want religion any more than you do. We don't want to fill our lives or anyone else's for the matter, with the practice of rituals and obedience to rules.

We are connected to the author of life, and our hearts are filled with love joy and peace ~ and we want you to join us. This is mankind's only hope of having a world without war and poverty. Atheists love to blame religion for all the evil in the world, but they fail to see the darkness within their own motives and their own actions. The reason why there is fighting and conflict among human beings can be found within your own heart.

• Ernest S
      Lv 7
      4 years agoReport

@ 1, 3 DimethyloOzelah - you admirably illustrate the truth of the answer given.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Christians can't DO hypothetical situations. Their conditioning doesn't allow them to even pretend. Every time you try to get them to imagine a world without religion, they fail and start rambling about jesus or some other made up BS.

• 4 years ago

It seems the choice between:

PERSONAL comforting beliefs

vs

GLOBAL happiness

Isn't so easy for them to make.

I wonder how much avoiding the question will occur.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

- Aristotle

So desperate are they not to answer this, I've already had to move your question back to R&S once.

• torpex2002
      Lv 7
      4 years agoReport

Yup, now where did you see anyone insist such a thing again?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.