Muslims, do you give english names (first) to some of your kids?

Update:

Such as: John, Peter, Nancy, Romeo, Tyler, Cindy ...

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 years ago
    Best Answer

Me and my husband have english names picked out.

• speakoutpierre
      Lv 6
      4 years agoReport

Simple answer but with the essential. The religions should not interfere when we choose the name of our kids. For a better world, every family should mix the first name such as picking something from China, France, Brazil, Iran, Russia....

• 4 years ago

Salam No I did not give an English name to some of my kids

• 4 years ago

All my children have Muslim first names. One of my friends has Muslim names for her children that are also well known British names like Adam and Dean.

• I've already got All the names sorted.. Hope the Husband doesn't have any other ideas! :P

Prophets and Sahabahs names for the Boys (Muhammad Ahmad Abdullah AbdurRahman Yusuf Yahya Khalid ect)

And Sahabiyaats names for the girls (Khadeejah Aaisha Fatimah Maryam ect..)

InshaAllah (If Allah wills)

• speakoutpierre
      Lv 6
      4 years agoReport

I would like to hear that some of your kids don't have a name related with the religion.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Every name is fine except names that have bad meanings, like giving the name "retard", or names that have forbidden meanings, like the name "Abdul-manaf" which means "the servant of a pagan god". The names you listed are fine.

Source(s): Ex Muslim
  • Anonny
    Lv 6
    4 years ago

No I wouldn't.

I like Arya and eisa

• Anonny
      Lv 6
      4 years agoReport

Yes very beautiful !
      It also reminds me of my name :p

• 4 years ago

as Muslims are terrorists no they would not they would keep using their terrorist names

• speakoutpierre
      Lv 6
      4 years agoReport

Indeed, it is rare to find a born terrorist having a first name coming from another culture without clearly referring to a religion.

• 4 years ago

Nah I will give them black names like JaMarcus

• 4 years ago

Muhammad, Ahmad, Ali, Ismail (it sounds like Smile ❤), Zakariyya (if he shortens it to Zack I'll beat his @ss), Mohsin (cute innit). Girl names IDK bae can choose

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.