Was Jesus a funny guy? Do you think he ever cracked jokes?

Favorite Answer

Yes, I think he carcked jokes but he never smiled when he would make a joke that is what made it so funny sometimes oh my God.

Yes He did. The New Testament was written in Greek. In the English translation in John 3:1-15, Jesus says that unless a man be born again he cannot enter into the kingdom of Heaven." A member of the Sanhedrin ( the Jewish high council), Nicodemus was there and it says that he was a secret disciple of Jesus and I believe a close friend. Nicodemus said, "Can a man enter into his Mother's womb again?" Jesus said to him, "You are Israel's teacher and you do not understand these things? In the Greek, the words that Jesus used can also mean, "Unless you are born from above" or from the Spirit. It is only in Greek that Jesus words mean both things which tells me that Jesus was fluent in Greek and was speaking in Greek and Nicodemus did not know Greek as well as Jesus. I also strongly suspect that Jesus knew Nicodemus would misunderstand and was teasing His good and close friend.

I don't think Jesus acted like a comedian, but I think when it was appropriate to laugh that He laughed. And of course He had a clean sense of humor, because He's God and He never sinned.

No Jesus was a serious person he was here to do the duty God sent him to do to preach the kingdom was heaven was near. Read Ephesians 5. 1-4 below. Thanks for the question friend God bless.

Ephesians 5:1-4New King James Version (NKJV)

Walk in Love

5 Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. 2 And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.

3 But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints; 4 neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks.

Jesus did use humour to make His point when He preached. For instance Mathew 7:3-5

" And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

If you think about it, the concept of someone having a great beam of wood sitting in their eye is very funny, and would have got a laugh from those who originally heard the Sermon on the Mount. The only reason modern men do not laugh is that they have heard it before.

I'd say he probably did. I believe there's a scripture in the Bible where Jesus asked his disciples why the sheep crossed the pasture, and when asked why he answered with: "To get to the other side."

• .

Jesus was a comedian who wanted to shock the Jews.

He wouldn't want you to sell your possessions and go around the wilderness buck naked, like Mowgli.

No I don't think he would have been that type of person.. Seems he was pretty uptight.

Maybe