Bill asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 years ago

Do you believe the lone gunman theory about the Kennedy assassination?

I used to believe in a conspiracy but these days lean toward the official version. Any evidence for or against is most welcomed! Thx

Favorite Answer

No, Obama did it

• Frank

No. I am a 75-year-old retired college professor and I am confident that the Oswald-did-it and he-did-it alone theory is incorrect. By the way, most people are still unaware of this but the last official investigation of that assassination conducted by the House Select Committee on Assassinations concluded that there was a "probable conspiracy." That is the official version right now.

The problem with convincing someone is that it takes a full book to do that. I am much more interested in what was behind the conspiracy than I am in proving the conspiracy itself. But, let me cite just one set of facts. Because Secret Service agents were required to submit sworn affidavits saying exactly what they did in the aftermath of the assassination, we know (as a fact) that every Secret Service agent that was in Dealey Plaza left with the motorcade and went to Parkland Hospital. So, no Secret Service Agent was left at the assassination site after the motorcade left. Yet, three different law enforcement agents were shown Secret Service IDs in the immediate aftermath of the assassination (one behind the fence at the crest of the knoll, one in back of the Book Depository and one in the Railroad yard).

This being the case, can you give any conceivably innocent reason for anyone showing a false Secret Service ID in the immediate aftermath of the assassination? If not, do you believe that all three law enforcement officers who were show Secret Service IDs were mistaken? Do you believe all three lied? It is facts like this and there are hundreds of such facts that convince me that something that was not innocent was afoot by people who were probably not participants in the assassination. I believe that, given enough time, I can convince any open-minded person that there was a conspiracy. But, I do not have time or space to do it here.

I wasn't there so I don't claim to know what happened but, I don't consider the US government to be any more credible than any other secretive and often dishonest giant organization. Ask yourself this, if some guy named Al had the same theory and he published it after years of pouring over what evidence he could find and he came to the conclusion that a single bullet hit more than one person and that bullet had to make some strange maneuvers to do what it did...would you automatically believe him? Credibility is everything. If some crackhead named Manny says Joe killed his wife we don't give him the time of day. If a District Attorney says Joe killed his wife than there is a good chance we believe Joe should die for it. Even if both of them have the same evidence which is motive, opportunity and no other good suspects. We believe it because the District Attorney seems credible to us and the US government seems credible to many of us even though we have caught the government in more lies than any destitute crackhead that ever walked the Earth. To me it would be more reasonable to hold the government to a much more stringent standard when they make a claim since they not only lie but have the resources to create evidence and often have the most clear motive to commit crimes. But, most people don't think that way. It's a very jaded way to think.

I can't say there is any theory I actually believe. All I can say is that I have never found the governments explanation particularly credible. It fails to explain too many things that seem significant such as Oswald's death and relies on too much suspension of disbelief. If a movie wanted me to believe some of these things I would complain it was poorly written.

No......something is stinking in Denmark....remarkably, George Bush Sr. is photographed in front of the Book Depository.....Jack Ruby was seen working Security at Prescott Bush events, long ago.

I don't really know.....

I was watching an interview with a guy named James File on youtube.

He claims to have been the man on the grassy knoll. After listening to him and watching the 'zaputer film' it makes me wonder!

I believe it was a dummy that was shot. Kennedy never died.

Yes.

Yes.

No by all accounts LHO was a horrible shot.