Emily asked in PetsCats · 4 years ago

Abandoned kitten HELP !!!!?

The mother cat dropped her kitten in the middle of a busy road, and I managed to pick him up before being hit by a car. It s about 3 weeks old I think...I tried finding the mom and waiting for her to come back but she didn t so I took it home. Was this a mistake? I feel bad for taking him but if I left him he would of been hit. I m buying formula tomorrow, what can I do to ensure he survives?

• ellen

Buy KMR at Petco early because you're going to have to feed it the kitten milk replacement with an eyedropper many times a day, and you're going to have to learn how to stimulate it to pee and poo. Get the KMR tomorrow morning first thing and feed it with an eye dropper, but make it a vet appointment. Take the KMR and the eye dropper with you. They can show you how to feed it, how much and how often, and how to stimulate it to go to the bathroom, and anything else you need to know. Keep it very warm in a box with blankets next to your bed tonight, away from any other animals or danger. Make sure you feed it as early as possible tomorrow morning because it's going to be crying looking for its mama and hungry from not eating all night.