The store manger seen me walking out of our stores biggest competition?

I work at a grocery store as a cashier. I was done work, and very hungry. There was something I really wanted to get, and I looked at my store first and they didn't have it, so I went into the other grocery store in town (Yes in my uniform, it was hot outside and I didn't have a coat) And looked there. They didn't have what I wanted either so I just left, as I was stepping out of the store (Its in a mall) The store owner seen me walking out of this other grocery store (she was going into the store beside it) She said Hi to me (She's always so nice)

I didn't buy anything. And its a mall, so I could have just simply been walking threw the store to get to the exit (which I wasn't)

Other people have gotten in trouble at work for going into different grocery stores. And I've only been there for 9 months. Am I worried over nothing?

• Lolly
    Favorite Answer

You need to inform your employer, if asked, that's it's a free country.

What a nerve!

But the best advise is an old saying "least said, soonest mended" which means, just keep quiet and it may blow over.

• Judy

What you did was very inappropriate, going in the other store in your uniform. You'll probably be talked to and maybe written up, probably not fired.

• Brianna
      4 years agoReport

Its a free country. If I want to go into another store I should be allowed to.

Tell your boss you were doing research, and your store should consider stocking product xyz because you really like it, but cannot find it, and you think other customers would like it, too.

• Pat

Grow the hell up.

• Brianna
      4 years agoReport

Wow stupid answer. Why did you even waste your time writing this?