Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 4 years ago

What are some good animes?

I'm bored, and I haven't really watched anime in a good 5+ years other than maybe the odd series here and there.

I guess I like animes that have fighting/adventure, a bit of fantasy. I don't mind a bit of romance either, but I don't want it to be the main focus of the anime.

I don't mind horror, or psychological however most of the psychological animes I've watched, I never finished but don't mind giving them another shot.

I don't like comedy, sports or... Mecha? I think it's called. Those robot animes, anyways.

I've watched so many animes, but as I said, years and years ago so I don't remember all of them, and need to rewatch lots of them anyways.

But here are just a few I've seen and liked:

-Black Butler(1st and 2nd seasons)

Ao No Exorcist,

Ga-Rei Zero.

Chrono Crusade .

Hellsing. and Hellsing Ultimate

Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro

Noragami

Attack On Titan

I don't really like Inuyasha, Naruto, or Bleach.

I tried to watch Death Note and never really get into it so I stopped watching.

I've seen a few episodes of both series(2003 and 2009) of Full Metal Alchemist but haven't seen the full series. If I watch it, what should I watch first, the 2003 or 2009 series?

I've also been thinking of watching Tokyo Ghoul or Psycho Pass, are they good?

Thank you!

Favorite Answer

PSYCHO-PASS IS DEFINITELY GOOD! it's my favourite anime.

anyways, putting my opinion aside... if you like psychological animes with bit of blood shed and good mystery and plot twists and things and good characters, you should like it.

Tokyo Ghoul is okay. I only read the manga, but I never managed to finish it. If you are the type to continue watching it's sequeal anime and also hates tragedies and character death's, I suggest you don't watch it. As Tokyo Ghoul:RE is quite brutal (according to my friend).

Other than that, I also suggest these:

Parasyte (has an interesting plot and setting however the climax and transition to climax seems rushed)

Forget the other answers. They're either shyty anime or stuff you're probably not going to like. These seven are the best suggestions for you to look into, in order of what I think you'll like most. You can check out their descriptions on myanimelist.

1. Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

2. Parasyte

3. Rage of Bahamut: Genesis

4. Berserk

5. Attack on Titan

6. Blast of Tempest

7. Samurai Champloo

Wolf's Rain

ERASED

Towards the terra (watch this one subbed the dub is painful which is a shame because its an amazing show)

Mushishi

Psychic Detective Yakumo

Fullmetal Alchemist (Brotherhood)

These are just some of my personal favorites that I watched recently

*Akame Ga Kill

http://akamegakill.wikia.com/wiki/Akame_Ga_Kill!_W...

*Corpse Party

http://corpseparty.wikia.com/wiki/Corpseparty_Wiki

*Kokoro Connect

http://kokoroconnect.wikia.com/wiki/Kokoro_Connect...

*Another

http://another.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

*Sword Art Online

http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Sword_Art_Onl...

*Deadman Wonderland

http://deadmanwonderland.wikia.com/wiki/Deadman_Wo...

*Steins Gate

http://steins-gate.wikia.com/wiki/Story_Overview

*Mirai Nikki

http://myanimelist.net/anime/10620/Mirai_Nikki_TV

*Gokukoku no Brynhildr

http://gokukoku-no-brynhildr.wikia.com/wiki/Main_P...

That's all I can remember for now, I don't really watch anime anyway cause I usually read mangas. I like dark themed stories so I don't think I was of any help because this were the ones I watched that were pretty close to your question. Hehe.

Source(s): Yes tokyo ghoul is really good, i binge watched it. Haven't watched psycho pass though. I recommend kokoro connect, its pretty much psychological. Very entertaining and good ending. Another is also one of my favourites, it's dark and mysterious. Akame Ga Kill is also pretty good.

Pokeman i used to watch.. But its available online and some episodes in YouTube too.jack chan adventure..

YOU MAY TRY:::

1.When They Cry (Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni)

It’s June 1983 and the place is a fictional quiet rural village known as Hinamizawa. The protagonist Keiichi Maebara decides to leave his hometown for Hinamizawa after having witnessed several unfortunate events in his hometown. He spends most of his time in the company of his school friends, leading a carefree life and playing games with them. However, Hinamizawa, like most sleepy towns, has a dark secret. Appearances can be deceiving here. Keiichi stumbles upon the news of a murder in Hinamizawa one day, which is then followed by a number of mysterious events. He discovers that his good friends at school may not be all that good after all. As different events start unfolding in different situations, the story takes a horrifically gory turn. There is nothing more scary than a group of friendly whack jobs who just won't leave you alone!

You’d love this terrifying horror anime if you’re fond of:

Mystery, gore, short arcs, little girls, mental torture, thrillers, horror, anime OPs and EDs

2.Another

Sitting on the second spot in this list is Another, one of the most terrifying horror anime in existence. Featuring 12 episodes full of creepy and mysterious murders, this one has the word scary written all over it (in blood, of course). Yomijama North Middle School’s Class 3-3 made a bad name for itself after a student died there in the year 1972, followed by everyone pretending as if nothing had happened. Because of a curse, all its teachers, students, and their family members are at the risk of dying horrible deaths in a plot akin to the movie Final Destination.

Kouichi is a new transfer student to class 3-3. He soon starts noticing a girl named Mei that no one else can see. The curse starts to claim lives once again. The survivors must somehow find a way to stop these terrifying deaths and get to the root of the problem. The mystery of the story keeps playing with the viewers’ expectations right till the very end. You see new mysterious elements getting thrown in regularly, some simply introduced to send you down the wrong path. Hence, you shouldn't try to predict anything. Its intrigue and unpredictability are scary enough to help you breeze (or run screaming) past its twelve episodes.

School settings, plenty of blood, creative deaths, creepy girls, mystery, horror, Final Destination, and short series

3.Corpse Party – Tortured Souls (Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou)

Third on this list is another excellent scary anime, Corpse Party – Tortured Souls, an ultra-short scary anime series with only 4 episodes-4 horror-filled terrifying episodes, to be precise! Its story takes place inside Heavenly Host, an elementary school which is destroyed because of the recurring disappearances and murders of its students and staff members. As time passes by, another school named Kisaragi Academy is built at the former site of the mysterious Heavenly Host School.

One fine night, a group of Kisaragi Academy students decide to tell scary ghost stories. When they do, a sudden earthquake rocks the place and these students are transported into a dimension where the Heavenly Host School still exists. What’s troubling is that the school is haunted by the scary ghosts of murdered students who used to study there.

Ghosts, little girls, school settings, dismemberment, horror, dark settings, friends getting torn apart, screams, graphic violence and slasher films

4.Hellsing

Belonging more to the fantasy genre of horror anime, Hellsing is a fairly short anime series that has won millions of hearts with its depiction of classic fantasy creatures, vampires and action. We all know of Van Helsing, the popular vampire Hunter of the Dracula legend, who slays oddities even after his demise. This one is heavily inspired from his scary story. It follows the adventures of a vampire named Alucard and his partner Seras Victoria, who’s a police agent-turned-vampire. They work for a vampire extermination organization named Hellsing in England.

Alucard’s main task is to seek and destroy any threat from the supernatural and undead forces that are after the life of England’s Queen and the country itself. You can see Alucard, Seras and their comrades fighting off evil vampires in terrifyingly scary situations. It is one of those anime that you can watch to get into its manga version, but without any spoilers.

Van Helsing, alternate stories, horror, shows set in England, good music, Seinen, short series, vampires and antiheroes

5.Tokyo Ghoul

Tokyo Ghoul horror cannibal anime scary anime horror anime

A boy named Ken Kaneki is the protagonist of the series. He meets a cute bookworm going by the name Rize, who’s actually a ghoul. Ghouls are way above the average zombies as they look exactly like humans and can easily blend into the society. How they’re different from humans is that while humans eat everything apart from humans, ghouls can only eat humans. What's more, they have special powers to hunt their victims!

Rize ends up inside Kaneki’s body but is unable to eat his flesh, and gets killed in the process, bringing Ken quite close to death too. Her organs are transplanted into Ken, to save his life, turning him into a hybrid. Now, even though Ken has the morals of an average human being, his powers and needs are almost the same as other ghouls. This horror anime is a perfect mix of terror, mystery and tragedy!

Supernatural, dark fantasy, city settings, short series, horror, mysteries, thrillers, cannibalism, Seinen, ghouls and crazy people

6.Elfen Lied

A classic horror anime, Elfen Lied has enough cruelty and bloodshed to appeal to all horror movie lovers. Elfen Lied features human-like mutants with horns, referred to as Diclonius, who have strong telekinetic powers among many other abilities. They’re all locked up and isolated from society inside a research center, run by the government. Their strongest member escapes from the facility, killing all the guards in the process. She gets shot in her head and winds up on a beach with a couple of teenage cousins. The boys take the naked and crazy girl home, oblivious of her true identity and not realizing the kind of impact their actions will have on their lives. Although Elfen Lied perfectly delivers on the horror front, it manages to keep things light by tackling multiple themes.

Supernatural powers, blood, horror, sad pasts, experiments, naked girls, some extra gore and Seinen

7.When They Cry (Umineko No Naku Koro Ni)

Also referred to as When They Cry 3, this is the third television anime series adapted from the game. It features an alternate setting of the first series, Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni.

A kind of spiritual sequel to the Higurashi series, Umineko is focused on Battler Ushiromiya, one of the sons of the super-rich Ushiromiya family. The entire family holds a gathering on an otherwise uninhabited island to decide who will get what after the passing of the head of the family. A string of inexplicable events occur, leading to the killing of everyone on the island. The person responsible is a witch who engages Battler in a game wherein she reverses all the events and urges him to solve the murders. The plot is similar to other typical horror anime, but the backstories and growth of the diverse and horrific cast helps add to the mystery and terror of the story.

Alternate settings, supernatural, a huge cast, mystery, fantasy, horror, islands, animals and good music

8.Ghost stories (Gakkou no Kaidan)

Also known as Ghosts at School, this series tells the story of Satsuki Miyanoshita who moves with her family to her deceased mother’s hometown, after her death. On the first day of her school, Satsuki’s little brother, her neighbor and a couple of other friends from the school decide to hop into an abandoned school building next to their school complex, only to discover that it is haunted.

After facing multiple encounters with the ghosts of the school, Satsuki discovers that it was no one else but her mother only who had sealed all the ghosts in the school building, as they were haunting the school as well as the town. Her mom had also left her a book on exorcism and spells, full of instructions on exorcising the ghosts once and for all. Satsuki takes up the task of ridding the town of these ghosts and gets to kick some ghost *** in the process!

Supernatural, mysteries, ghosts, horror, kids going on adventures, and good dubs.

Source(s):

http://myanimelist.net/featured/430