I turned down a job interview at McDonald s, should I call back and ask for it?

The manager at McDonald s called me and asked me if I could come in for a job interview. I was shocked and nervous as this was the first and only place I applied to work at (I m only 16). Because I was nervous I told the manager that I would be busy this summer because of driving school and it turns out I m not doing that. I realize that I really want this job. Should I call back and ask for the job interview again?

• G R
    Favorite Answer

Because of your age and the job, I'd say call them you have nothing to lose. Make sure you talk to the person directly who called you. Introduce yourself, refresh them on who you are and why you are calling and tell them that you were miss informed about the dates regarding driving school (don't give to much detail, just that) and tell them that if they were still interested you would very much like to come in for an interview.

• Lv 7
      4 years agoReport

VERY poor advice

• Julien

At 16 don't you have better to do than getting exploited in such a crappy job? For instance making sure you can join a good university. Do you really really need the money?

Anyway I don't think Mc Donald really "selects" their employees, it's not really needed and it would be a loss of time. You're just a robot they buy, and they take the first on the shelf. So I don't think you should stress about formalities. Just call and you'll see what they tell you.

Go in person, talk to manager. Don't over explain, just say sorry for rejecting the interview. This would be my first job and I am excited and nervous to have my first job. I would really like work here and hope you will reconsider extending the interview. If they say no, thats okay. Do it this will be good for you and you'll find a summer job soon enough. Good luck.

You can try. Why did you apply if you didn't expect to be called for an interview?

• kil

Yes. Just wear a tuxedo next time. Look sharp and tell some good jokes.

No, I wouldn't. You have already shown that you are not very interested in the job. It will count against you.

I think you would be wasting your time. He has likely lined up others and has enough people to choose from.

do NOT call unless you want to look like a fool !! what you can do is apply or reapply on their website, as required

• Bob

Too late now, he will NOT hire you .