Biblically wondering....What is going on in Lebanon?

"He built the Palace of the Forest of Lebanon a hundred cubits long, fifty wide and thirty high, with four rows of cedar columns supporting trimmed cedar beams."

1 Kings 7:2

"By your messengers you have ridiculed the Lord. And you have said, “With my many chariots I have ascended the heights of the mountains, the utmost heights of Lebanon. I have cut down its tallest cedars, the choicest of its junipers. I have reached its remotest parts, the finest of its forests."

---2 Kings 19:23

Favorite Answer

First of all, "The Palace of the Forest of Lebanon" is the name of a very large part of Solomon's palace complex. It was so-named because of the numerous cedars of Lebanon which were used as pillars. This was a really big building project, considerably larger than the Temple, and taking twice as long to build.

All of those cedar columns and beams came from Lebanon.

Solomon went crazy with building, and it was perhaps one reason the kingdom fractured.

I think there are no more forests there.