Have you forgotten your own birthday before?

• Judith
    Favorite Answer

Once in awhile I've forgotten my AGE but never my BIRTH day. If I reach the point where my birthday becomes meaningless to me it would probably mean I'm suffering from dementia. It doesn't mean that I feel it needs to be celebrated but I know the date I was born and have yet to forget it.

One year I kept thinking that the date of October 14th meant something and all day long I tried to remember what - finally I remembered - I was married on that date in 1966 (we divorced two years later). Not a date I celebrated obviously but enough time had passed so that its meaning didn't come to me readily.

i once ignored my birthday! i didn't pay attention to it just looked at it as another day

No. But I sometimes wish everyone else would. I don't particular like birthdays unless the cake is extra good.

Hi No why would you unless you have dementia.

Not quite.

NEVER.....I know when it is, and I celebrate the entire week.

Yes - I forget my mothers birthday despite it being three days before mine, and the fact I get so flustered about trying to remember her birthday (because she causes all sorts of drama if I do) it means I can momentarily forget my birthday or due to executive dysfunction it means I get all mixed-up with plans around that time so I've forgotten my birthday plans. I've forgotten my age too, for around a year I was telling people I was a year older than I was.

• Yes I have. Since I turned 50 they have really lost their importance. They are just another day.

• ?

Yes I did once when I was on holiday .