Do you think it's a good idea to enrol in a two year power engineering diploma?

would you recommend it considering the job prospects in the future?

Best Answer

I realize you're not in the USA, but will just tell you that in the USA, the number of electrical engineering jobs (all branches of EE) projected by the US Dept of Labor Statistics is projected to SHRINK in the period 2014-2024. In the US, civil engineering and environmental engineering and software development are all safer options than electrical engineering.

DIPLOMA JUST QUALIFIES AS A TECHNICIAN WORKER GENERAL JOB, AND POWER ENGINEERING JOB MARKET IS QUITE NARROW.

I could say yes if you can say the following: I am excited by power engineering, it is not just some "good job" someone told me about. I have chosen a school and they have a placement center. Their placement center reports that more than 80% of their recent graduates are working in the field, and they placed more than half of those graduates. If your answers are I heard its a good job, the school I want to go to does not have a placement center and I don't know if their graduates are getting jobs, the answer is no don't do it.

I would recommend that it is better for you to pursue something that you are interested at ! trust me !