I live in India but my Gmail said someone from USA logged in using my account on linux ?? Hacked ?

Linux

Thursday, June 30, 2016 6:17 AM (Central Daylight Time)

Eden Prairie, MN, USA*

Chrome

Don't recognize this activity?

Review your recently used devices now.

Why are we sending this? We take security very seriously and we want to keep you in the loop on important actions in your account.

We were unable to determine whether you have used this browser or device with your account before. This can happen when you sign in for the first time on a new computer, phone or browser, when you use your browser's incognito or private browsing mode or clear your cookies, or when somebody else is accessing your account.

Best,

The Google Accounts team

I deleted my gmail accounts. Cleared all cache cookies and restarted my phone and installed puffin browser. .

Can anyone please tell me if this was an error or is my gmail hacked ?

What should i do ?

The Eden Prairie connection represents the Puffin Browser servers. All connections/logins/requests to Google via Puffin Browser will appear to come from Eden Prairie, usually listed as Linux/Chrome, but sometimes as Safari.

Did they send any links or phone numbers? If so it may have been a scam.

What makes you think the email is genuine? It could easily be a con artist sending something to you hoping you will click on a dodgy link in the email.

• Bill

If you deleted your gmail account, all you have to do is start a new account and use a better password.