Im new to building PCs does this sound like a good build for gaming?

I have never built a pc before but I keep hearing it's cheaper and can get much more quality computer than just buying one. So i want to try to build one for gaming right now i only play Runescape and i know that doesnt have high specs requirements but looking to maybe start world of warcraft soon too.

I'm trying not to spend over $1500 USD. I found this build online I'm super new to everything and specs for building but can I get any advice does this sound strong and for the price? To me it looks good but I'm no pro.

Components

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K - $220 / £197

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 - $450 / £400

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 - $135 / £132

Memory: 16GB (2x8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4-2400 - $59 / £57

SSD: 500GB Samsung 850 Evo 2.5-inch SATA - $155 / £110

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo - $29 / £23

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W - $78 / £70

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX - $65 / £57

Fan Hub: Thermaltake Commander FX 10-port Fan Hub - $13 / £10

Fans: 3x Phanteks PH-F140SP_BK 140mm - $45 ($15 ea.) / £37.50 (£12.50 ea.)

Total: $1,249 / £1,094

Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/best-gaming-pc/

Also if anyone has any good sources for finding gaming pc builds or advice I'd appreciate that too thanks!!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

No. You can get something much better for less like the CHILLBLAST Fusion D or the WIRED2FIRE DIABLO SKYLAKE

Just having the latest gear does not make a good gaming PC. You need to look at the type of games you'll be playing and how well the components fit together.

Think of it like a football team. Buying the best players does not guarantee you'll have the best team

• 4 years ago

looks fine, only things id suggest is to get a standard HD as well, 500 GB will fill up pretty fast, doesn't need to be anything special, any basic 1 or 2 TB drive would be fine.

if you were to get the i7-6700k it would be alot faster for mutlitasking, but for current gaming it wont make much of a difference. but with more direct x 12 or vulkan games it might make a difference in the future

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.