Now that The Donald has hired "Citizens United" CEO as his Deputy, do you appreciate that Money really is Freedom of Speech, and?

all his money is has more freedom than your speech......ya, sure shows now that The Donald is a man for the people.....Koch Bros and Adelson back Citizens United......Where do I hang the "I'm For Sale Sign" on The Donald?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

well *someone* has to pay off Donalds Russian Obliarch loans..........

I mean, I hear those guys get nasty when you stiff them, like Donald stiffs all his creditors.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Everyone has the freedom to speak.

Not everyone has the freedom to be heard equally.

This is like the progressive desire for equality of outcome. We aren't designed that way, nor should we be. Equality of opportunity, and then you let ability and resources take you the rest of the way. Some people are better "speakers". They are better at convincing you they are right. They have better rhetorical skills. They will be "heard" better. Does than mean that less gifted people no longer have freedom of speech?

Similarly, money is little more than a manner to amplify speech. Someone using it to get their speech out to more people does not limit someone else's freedom of speech. But, again, Progressives demand equality of outcome, not equality of opportunity. undoubtedly, they will argue that money gives a greater opportunity to speak. They would be wrong. It gives a greater opportunity to be heard, a "right" not guaranteed anywhere.

Ideally, in the marketplace of ideas, the content mattes more than the volume. The fact that some people are swayed by the volume is not the fault of the speaker, it is the fault of the listener. Again, progressives would demand some sort of equal outcome, and otherwise handicap those who they think somehow taint that outcome, because they are louder, or smarter, or more polished in their delivery. The problem, then is not the speaker, it is, again, the listener.

So, back to this inane whine (and there is no actual question in it), his money has no more freedom than anyone else's. Money benefits from the stupidity of the electorate, not from any greater right to speak.

And the irony of a Clintonian partisan complaining about money in a campaign in which the Clintonians have outspent the Trump campaign almost twenty five to one is rich indeed.

• Darth Beaver
      Lv 4
      4 years agoReport

Did you say something?...I nodded off after Equality of Opportunity......not in America Dude!...You are fooling yourself......unless you are a Trust Fund Baby too?

• 4 years ago

Nary a word about similar methods and ways of the Clintons, or any one else in the political arena for that matter.

Being "political" means a willful manipulation of the facts, changing some, suppressing others,

• 4 years ago

Koch brothers are supporting Hillary

so I guess we know who the evil canidate is !!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Zhu
    Lv 6
    4 years ago

Well, Money talks, ******** walks.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.