Do fruit juice and jam really have practically zero nutrition (when I read the nutritional info on the label it comes up zeroes)?

Update:

How can they take something as healthy as fruit and remove all the nutrition? Yes, heating removes vitamin C but does it remove all of it? Does it remove other things? Or is it that there is still significant nutrition there just not the specific nutrients listed on the label?

Update 2:

I know they put a lot of sugar in those products (and I know that isn't all that good for you) but you can have some nutrition AND sugar can't you? The sugar itself doesn't destroy any nutrients, does it?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

They have nutrients from the fruit, it's just that they have as much sugar as soda. They're still better than soda but not exactly health-foods.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

The amount of sugar off sets any nutritional value.

Add that to the fact that a "serving" is probably 1 or 2 Tablespoons. Not enough to be worth anything nutritionally.

• 3 years ago

What little nutrients that are in either one is far outweighed by the added sugar and other chemicals, leaving both nearly useless to the human body.

• megalomaniac
      Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

So what happens to all the nutrients of the fruit? (adding sugar doesn't kill the nutrients, does it?) Heat kills vitamin C but what about all the other nutrients?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.