Omar asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 3 years ago

Any real life case where ethnic cleansing is a good thing?

Asking for my ethics class where they say nothing is objectively bad.

• Ad
    Favorite Answer

an ethnic group; a social group that shares a common and distinctive culture, religion, language, or the like

Well, we could imagine an ethnic cleansing of a specific social group that is detrimental to society as a whole .... all members of the US congress for example (as over half of them are millionaires and the wellbeing of 'the 99 %' seems to be of little importance to them; they'd rather spend BILLIONS in sponsorship of a foreign regime

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-israel-state...

and thereby the arms industry 'back home').

Unfortunately - as Orwell described so amusingly in ANIMAL FARM - the only real result of that will be to replace one group of selfish power hungry b***** with another group that ends up so similar to as to be indistinguishable from the previous lot.

So .... all in all .... the answer to your question is NO.

• Ad
      3 years agoReport

3.8 billion a year; that's over a thousand dollars a year for every American citizen (there are about 310 million US citizens)

Don't be so disgusting! I can't believe you would even suggest such a thing. Jesus is the answer to everything, and He teaches us to love our neighbour as we want want them to love us.

Human life is a very special thing and Jesus teaches us to be nice. You cannot take a human life or you will go to Hell, it says it all in the Bible. Ethnic cleanseming is 100% wrong and nobody can say that it is a good thing.

...well..

...unless they're Muslims.

Objectivity is consensus, normative. Most anything can be objectively bad, but there are many particular behaviors that are agreed upon as being bad or evil, such as ethnic cleansing.

• Paul

It sounds like a strange ethics class so murder, rape and cheating are O K If I where you I would go to an Ethics resource and read all the way back to Aristotle . The only idiot philosopher who would deny ethics would be Nietzsche and he was insane This is the type of thought he had ----We sail away right over morality we crush and perhaps destroy the remains of our own morality ---- A society in which there were no morals would be in the hands of thugs

• Shark

Kick left wing loonies out - that's a good thing

• Athena

I would say that a lot of actions are objectively bad.

I don't know about good, but it could be neutral.

Uh......wow. They say that? how horrible.

Sounds like rationalizing to me.

IF you said something is bad they would have to say that it is bad that you said that.