Why does my monitor randomly not have a signal anymore nothing works?

I m really annoyed right now I ve had this brand new desktop computer and monitor for like 2 weeks and my computer went into sleep mode and the monitor turned off with the little orange light on in the corner to know it was in sleep.. so I turn my pc back on and my monitor doesn t come back on like it should so I turn the monitor off so the orange light is gone and then turn it on so the screen shows but now all of a sudden it s "no hdmi signal" I tried unplugging and replugging in the hdmi cable and I ve restarted my computer several times now and now my monitor won t get a signal wtf please help.. i cant even use my computet now. it s brand new this shouldn t be happening.

• Di Li

You are probably using a non-standard resolution that is not supported by the monitor or UEFI. Solution? Connect a monitor that can actually display whatever resolution you set it to, OR find a way to disable "UEFI Fastboot". Try turning off your PC and when you turn it on, immediately hitting the "DELETE" [DEL] key and see if it lets you in the BIOS, if it does, disable "UEFI fastboot" "UEFI mode" etc. If you installed a graphics card or put the cable through a GPU and not the motherboard, enable "Legacy PCI Rom" and see if the problem keeps happening.

Does your monitor have more than one HDMI port? Does you computer have more than one? Does your computer have an expansion gpu or integrated graphics? Have you tried using another hdmi cable or another type of cable (DisplayPort, DVI, VGA?) Do you have another device to test the monitor on, or another monitor to try on that computer? These are some troubleshooting steps that will help you identify the problem.