How can I download new music to an iPod for free?

I may buy a new ipod soon the 7 I think it is. I haven't had one since middle school I remember back then I had to use iTunes if I wanted music and everything costed money.. is there any way I can get new music downloaded for free for ipods? if not I may just not buy one then. thanks

Do you mean "free" or "stolen"?

You won't get truly free new music other than from lesser-known acts or promotional one-offs. Other than that, you either pay per item or you pay a sunscription to a music downloading service. The other alternative is a free streaming service such as Spotify but the free version only allows you shuffle play and imposes many other restrictions.

Pretty much anything else is theft of intellectual property; not just illegal but also a massive disincentive to the artists you like to give up and stop making music. Would you invest time and effort making stuff for a living if most of what you produced was stolen by people who then claimed to be fans and supporters of your work? You want, you pay. That's how the world works.