Johnny asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 3 years ago

French/Francaise Help Please! (Interrogatif) (Est-ce que) (Inversion)?

I have this question, where it gives me an answer and an interrogatif, but I need to form it into a question.

Can you guys please help me? Here are the answers

Coco Chanel est une couturier francaise (Qui)

Max Gros - Louis travaille au Canada (Ou)

Le personnage de BD que Georges Remi a invente (Quel)

On utilise ne carte telephonique pour fair un appel en France (Que)

Il y a cent centimes dans un Euro (Combien)

I want to use Est ce que on all of them. Please help someone!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

😉 Bonjour, Hello

First in French, only the indicative and conditional may have the interrogative forms.

Here are your questions, if you really want to use ' Est-ce que ' :

_ Est-ce que Coco Chanel est une couturière française ?

_ Est-ce que Max Gros-Louis travaille au Canada ?

_ _ _ Quel est le personnage de BD que Georges Rémi a inventé ? ( you can't use ' Est-ce que ' there)

_ Est-ce que l'on utilise une carte téléphonique pour faire un appel en France ? ( formal)

_ Est-ce qu'on utilise une carte téléphonique pour faire un appel en France ? ( not formal version).

_ Est-ce qu'il y a beaucoup de centimes dans un Euro ?

Otherwise here other interrogative forms of your phrases :

_ Qui est Coco Chanel ?

_ Où travaille Max Gros-Louis ?

_ Quel est le personnage de BD que Georges Rémi a inventé ?

_ Qu'utilise- t- on pour faire un appel en France ?

_ Combien y a t'il de centimes dans un Euro ?

~~ Have a nice day ~~

Cat. •That's all

_ *: ・゚✧Je suis / I'm (= I support ) :

Charlie Hebdo magazine, Paris, San Bernardino, Bruxelles, Orlando, Istanbul, Dhaka (Bangladesh), Bagdad (Irak), Balad, Nice (France), Munich, Kabul (afganistan), Reutlingen (Germany.), Saint-Etienne du Rouvray ( Fr), Qamichli (Syria), Charleroi ( Belgium), Quetta (Pakistan), near Alep (Syria), Van (Turkey), Gaziantep (Turk. ), Mogadiscio ( Somalia), US university in Afganistan, Peshawar ( Pakistan), Davao (Philippine), Tartus (Syria), Kabul again, Bagdad again, New York (USA), St Cloud (USA again), Tikrit ( Irak), Hassake (Syria), Şemdinli (Turkey), Jerusalem (Israel), Kabul again (Afganistan), Azaz (Syria) , Bagdad again (Irak) & Gaziantep (Turkey) ・:*

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Tangi
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

First, you look at what the question word means. "Qui" is "who", "où" is "where", etc.

You look for the related noun or nominal group in the sentence. If the question word is "qui", you have to look for a person, if it's "où", you have to look for a place, etc.

Then, you remove this noun or nominal group (and the word that link it with the rest of the sentence if there is one) from the sentence and add your question word in the beginning, followed by "est-ce que".

Remember that "que" elides before a word starting with a vowel.

And also, when the question starts with "combien" and it's about how many something there is, this something is considered as an unknown quantity so its determiner is "de". For example, "Tu as mangé 10 bonbons" (You ate 10 candies) becomes "Combien est-ce que tu as mangé de bonbons ?" (How many candies did you eat?)

When the question word "qui" is also the subject, "est-ce que" becomes "est-ce qui". So it's "qui est-ce qui".

So here is an example.

"Coco Chanel est une couturière française" (Qui)

The question word is "qui" which means "who" so you have to look for a person in your sentence. It's Coco Chanel.

You remove it. So you have "est une couturière française".

You add "qui" and "est-ce qui" in the beginning and you have "Qui est-ce qui est une couturière française ?"

Or you can also replace "une couturière française" and say "Qui est-ce que Coco Channel est?"

It's "est-ce que" and not "est-ce qui" because the subject is not "qui" but "Coco Chanel".

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.