First dance competition?

I am competing a solo this year for the first time and I'm super nervous. I have done competition for 3 years. This year I'm competing a large jazz, large lyrical, large tap, and I got a jazz solo. I had my first solo practice yesterday and I kinda forget it throughout the practice. I'm mostly nervous that I'll forget it. Any tips for performing a first solo. Will everyone be better than me? Thanks.

Favorite Answer

No, everyone will not be better than you. Sure there are some exceptional dancers, but a lot of them are performing their first solo like you. Don't let that scare you, trust me I have been to many competitions. Advice for performing. First of all, try not to be nervous. I think the main reason you are nervous is because it is your first time doing a solo. Just tell yourself that you will do great and you will! As for the practice, don't worry about it. It was only your first practice and I'm sure you have many more ahead of you. The more you do your dance, the more it will be embedded into your brain. Soon, it will just become second nature. I hope you do well. Good luck!

• Kaila

think that your the only one in the room besides your parents and family. dance for them, dance through your heart, dance with emotion, dance because you LOVE TO DANCE. and prove that throughout the dance .so try not to work yourself up so much over it. you can do this.