I'm going to South Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe, can I wear my tribal print clothes?

Hi, so I'm going on a trip to South Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe with my boyfriend, my friend, and her boyfriend. Obviously, it will be very hot there. Is it not culturally appropriate if I wear some flowy tribal print shorts and a tribal print t shirt in a non traditional way there? I am just wondering because I do not want to be offensive to the Africans there who wear similar prints traditionally. I got these clothes at just regular stores like target and Hollister and TopShop. Would it be disgraceful?

Favorite Answer

I don't think it would be offensive. People tend to follow the dress norms or dress custom to the places they visit for all sorts of reasons, one of them being to blend in.

Wear what you like! :)

no you just need to cover yourself in some of that hair grease you got. the 'tribal' africans will love eatin europiggy.