Eight curiosities you probably didn't know about Canadians!?

As you probably know, Canada has two official languages: English and French. But you don't know how Canadians are proud and obsessed with their bilingualism. It's not like in Belgium, where some speak French and others Dutch, not caring much about each other's language, in Canada, everyone speaks both all the time and are proud of both languages at everything.

Here are some curiosities about this bilingualism frenzy in Canada. It refers to English Canada (in Quebec it's all reversed, where French comes first):

1. Canadians read the same book twice: one time in English and then in French.

2. Canadians answer the phone this way: "Hello bonjour!".

3. Canadian pupils go to school twice a day, in the morning they learn everything in English and in the afternoon they learn all the same thing in French.

4. All TV programs in Canada have subtitles in French and you can't turn them off, by the way, Canadians like to read them.

5. All Canadian YouTubers have at least two channels: one in English and one in French.

6. If you badmouth the French language before an English Canadian, they'll get very angry.

7. Canadians often switch the language when they're speaking. "I don't think it's going to rain... Oh, no more English, let's speak Français maintenant! Il y a beaucoup d'étoiles..."

8. All Canadian singers release the same song twice: one version in English and the other in French.

If you're Canadian, sorry for not posting this question in French too.

Favorite Answer

I don't know where you got these "facts" but they are wrong, all of them.

Source(s): I'm Canadian, live in Canada, and have for 64 years.
  • Meow

I'm Canadian and I only know maybe 10 words in French....

• DeeDee

I must live in a different Canada than the one you're referring to then...

zzz snorefest

where's the stuff about usa?!

Who asked this?