BUILDING MY FIRST PC?

Hey I'm building my first PC and I don't know too much about the stuff. But after surfing around for a month or so I put together my list for it and my budget is around $1200 CAD.

- Intel i5 6600K (CPU)

- GTX 1050 Ti (GPU)

- Gigabyte Z170 HD3 DDR4 (Motherboard)

- 2x8gb Vengeance DDR4 (RAM)

- Hyper 212 EVO (CPU Cooler)

- Corsair 200r Mid Tower (Case)

- Corsair CX600 600w (Power Supply)

- WD Blue 2TB Hard Drive

- Crucial MX300 275GB SSD

Any suggestions or something I'm doing wrong are welcome. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

I think it's pretty good, I would consider getting a Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI and an XFX 500W instead though. The HD3 will be **** for overclocking, if you don't plan on doing any then it should work fine (may have less options such as less SATA ports, etc) and the XFX 500W is just a better PSU plus you don't need that much power. XFX sells rebranded Seasonic PSUs so they are much higher quality than Corsiar's CX series, they are more comparable to Corsiar's RM line.

• featherawr
      4 years agoReport

The Asus Z170-E and Z170-A are good choices as well for your price-range. The E is a lower vrm version while the A is a more VRM version for better overclocking. The A is even better than the Gigabyte SLI.

BTW I'm planning on getting Windows 10 Home

i would try and get a rx 470 instead of the 1050ti, might cost a little more but its a much faster card.

corsair cx power supplies have a bad rap, not sure what you are paying for it, but evga and xfx release good inexpensive psu.