Josh asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 4 years ago

Why do Freelancers charge thousands to design your app when a website does it for a few hundred?

I read the average app costs over $100,000. Freelancers quoted me $80,000 to build my app idea. However, I went to an app created website, uploaded my pictures and videos and got it the way I wanted for a subscription of $50 a month. This can t be right. What makes one cost six figures more??

propbably cause the platform that makes you subscribe has more customers whereas the freelancers only a few or 1. If you subscribe 50$ a month for lets say 1 year thats 600$ with lets say 1000 customers thats $600,000 a year

Scale. Bespoke. Design. Support. Specialised vs common. Skill required.

What you get is a generic web app that is talking back to their servers.

A programmer will give you a native app that you fully control.

" Freelancers quoted me $80,000 to build my app idea."

Every freelancer you asked quoted this price?

• .

Having a programmer do it allows for better customization. And I guess it depends on the hours required.

My 19 year old son is a computer science major and he made an iphone ap during the Thanksgiving break, and it only took him about four hours.

Of course, the ap was a simple arithmetic game.

Ownership.

Check that website. You'll probably find that the terms and conditions give the website ownership of the app.