Neighbors won't quit parking in driveway and on lawn although the have been asked to several times now. what can I do ?

lawn is ruined with tire tracks and missing sod where they have been driving over lawn they are parking multiple heavy vehicles. They had been asked to confine parking to asphalt so I said driveway was off limits too. 2 days later they're back after a confrontation where my front lawn was ploughed out so they could expand their parking

Favorite Answer

I will tell you the truth honey. You need to sell your home and move. If they are already like that. Do you really think anything these people have suggested will work? I don't. I read them all and most of them are true. But the truth is this is a minor offense and the police really are reluctant to get involved.If you do report them it is only going to make them angry. They might even retaliate. Since they did not care that you asked them not to. There is a very good chance that will be the case. Some people really just have no respect for others or their property.You can try all these things. But after you have exhausted every avenue you mot likely will end up moving anyway. Who wants a disgruntled neighbor. Let it be someone else's problem. It's true you know it is.

Supposed to be against the Law to block access (essential services etc.); perhaps ask the Police to assess. The fence seems the best alternative but it sounds like the rotten lot you have to deal with would possibly do worse. I feel sorry for you that you have been putting up with these ignorants. If they are renters definitely speak to the owner. The properties would be getting devalued as it is so one would expect an owner to be more selective who they let live there. A pity you do not know a member of a motor cycle gang that could arrange those vehicles to be hemmed in too. Perhaps hold a barbecue and some light entertainment for them too so they stick around a while. See how they like those apples. I hope and pray the rotters move off and find a spot in the middle of nowhere. I cant imagine they are popular with the other neighbours too. Good luck; best wishes for a resolution soon.

• stone

I think I'd post a sign stating that vehicles would be towed at owners expense.... And call the police.... File a complaint.... Then... Start calling the tow truck.

A few times having the vehicle towed should solve the problem.

Of course.... There is the entire escalation problem....

You know about escalation? The news is full of reports about minor stuff escallating and people ending up dead....

So... You'll want to be careful how you handle this... If they're coming back and doing road work on your property.... They sound like a problem to keep the police involved with every step of the way.

You can put up barriers, such as posts and chains, to keep them off the lawn. You can buy plastic orange cones like the street depts. use, at Lowe's, but the clods will probably drive right over them. You may want to consult an attorney, but if they are total clods, they will just ignore any legal paperwork. Frankly, I moved out of a hovel neighborhood about a year ago, that was loaded with do-nothing Welfare Queens who did this sort of thing on a regular basis. There goes the neighborhood, indeed.

In my jurisdiction, we have laws, you may too.

1. IF the vehicle is parked on your Private Land. You can have the vehicles towed (at your responsibility, liability, and Expense.)

2. IF your city has a "mounting the curb" ordnance, the Cops can Tag the vehicles.

3. IF you own the property, and you have really told them to not enter upon it, you might call the cops for a "First Degree Criminal Trespass" (see also #1 above).

4. Some states/cities require a "No Trespassing" sign every 20 feet along the border of the property, to get the cops involved.

5. You can sue for damages in (Small Claims) Court, good luck collecting if you win.

Your only solution is to put up a fence around the yard, and gate your driveway. Then, after you have repaired the landsaping, as another writer suggested, put the place up for sale.

In our state if someone is allowed to park on a few square feet of your property for a period of time which may be 6 years, then THEY own the land not you.

• Zit

call the city

• john

Call your local police and find out what to do. In many places the owner of the car can get ticketed for violating the law. If you rent and have a landlord, tell him about the problem too.

Can you get a locked gate or fence for your driveway, at least until they stop parking there.