Is Hollister closing down?

Noticed the stores getting closed in malls and noticed big sales. Is Hollister closing?

I asked one of the employees and said they were waiting to get stock for Spring collection so that's why I noticed big sales and the store was like almost empty. But yeah surprised they closed Hollister in the second biggest mall in Ontario.

Favorite Answer

Not that I am aware of, but the chain has seen its share of struggles. It hasn't effectively adapted to market changes and it's merchandising strategy doesn't allow for the line to change and grow with the changing tastes of it's niche market. The chain isn't expanding, but it doesn't seem to be getting smaller either. Perhaps they are closing some stores in order to open new ones in malls that are being built new or mall that are being renovated.

Right now all stores have sales and big sales right now. This is the traditional time to clear out fall, early winter and Christmas targeted inventory so it can be replaced with early spring and spring/summer merchandise. If you look around most mall stores will be advertising big price reductions in fall and winter stock.

Nothing I've found indicates that they are closing permanently.

Lets be real though, they aren't doing well.

They refuse to actually adapt to what customers want.

I just browsed their website and MOST of it looks identical to what was in their stores 12 years ago when I graduated high school.

You can't expect to do well if you're still selling outdated fashion and only making minimal adjustments