Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 years ago

whats your opinion on people that use illegal drugs?

whats your opinion on druggies?

you know people that use marijuana, meth and cocaine?

Best Answer

I think better of people who use marijuana than alcohol. Alcohol, marijuana, meth and cocaine problems should be treated as medical problems.

To equate marijuana with meth and cocaine is just ignorant. To lump them together is ignorant.

see

John Ehrlichman, who served as domestic policy chief for President Richard Nixon when the administration declared its war on drugs in 1971. According to Baum, Ehrlichman said in 1994 that the drug war was a ploy to undermine Nixon's political opposition — meaning, black people and critics of the Vietnam War:

At the time, I was writing a book about the politics of drug prohibition. I started to ask Ehrlichman a series of earnest, wonky questions that he impatiently waved away. "You want to know what this was really all about?" he asked with the bluntness of a man who, after public disgrace and a stretch in federal prison, had little left to protect. "The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."

http://www.vox.com/2016/3/22/11278760/war-on-drugs...

1) They started because they were not supposed to. The War on Drugs is the biggest incentive to try them. Prohibition creates crime and the need for dealers.

2) Most users never create a life ling habit.

3) A drug abuser knows he is killing himself. The only problem with jail in their mind is that drugs are harder to get in jail.

Prohibition kills. Only Education wins. However you are not going to get a good job if you can't pass the drug test.

It is a complicated subject though. I have friends that have lost kids to Heroin and I could not look them in the eye and say legalize it. They were happier when the kids were in jail.

dunno

"What's" your opinion on people "who" use illegal drugs?

Their grammar and spelling sucks.

They need to be jailed; and those that sell drugs to children should be eligible for the Death Penalty.

• Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

They know they are killing themselves so what good does your threat make?

• Jeff

I wouldn't classify marijuana with hard drugs. That's BS.

All drugs should be decriminalized, and money redirected from jailing them to treating them. Marijuana should be legalized, regulated, and taxed.

• Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

Why would you draw smoke into your lungs at 14 years old? Answer: Because they told you not to. You are not old enough. Not sure what taxes has to do with it.

Subconsiousonauts...They fly like the wind and sail the realms of eternity...

then they will most likely end up in prison :(

They are generally useless, ineffective and a drain on society.

• T.M. Haverford
      3 years agoReport

I know many that do. They stick out like sore thumbs and generally get in the way or slow everyone else down.

as long as they keep it to their-selves I'm sure it's on them

• Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

A crime against yourself is not a crime.