Lost my phone?

Hi there my mom recently lost her phone which had no password on it, and I tried to track it using the tracker gmail has but unfortunately it has been off ever since my mom lost it... i tried locking it from my computer but i couldnt, since the phone was off...

My question is if once the phone is back online, will it recieve my request to automatically lock on its own? and also, I signed out of the gmail account on the phone so would that have any impact? thanks

Favorite Answer

If whoever found it is smart, they will turn it on in an area with no internet/reception and wipe it, or they'll wipe it without fully turning it on. Either way your stuff is safe by being gone. If they do turn it on as-is, you will have the chance to lock it (probably already locked since it will start in a locked state) but you'll also have a chance to remote wipe it with your gmail.