Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 3 years ago

Is this french good?

I'm not very well versed in french, and i need help. thank you in advance! :)

Mon chat est très excité parce qu'il aime courir dans la maison. Il est trop mou. Mon chat perd toujours ses poils quand il commence à faire chaud. Il est petit parce qu'Il cache dans zones exiguë. Mon chat est ludique et gentil. Il est blanc. J'adore Stanley! Il me fait plus affectueux.

Heart est trop travaillé parce qu’elle a travaillé tard hier soir, à bureau. Ma mere est assez bavarde. Elle est resté au téléphone pendant deux heures hier soir. Elle est très fatiguée parce qu'elle dort depuis moins de six heures. Heart est agréable et indépendant. Ma mere est jolie. Elle m’inspire d'être travaillé!

Ils sont artistiques parce que la musique est alternative et différente. La musique est contagieuse parce que Je l'écoute toujours. Ils sont talentueux parce qu'Il est difficile de composer de la musique. Il m’inspire d'être plus artistique

Je suis très stressé parce que je dois faire mes devoirs. J’adore art parce que j'aime dessiner. Je suis sympathique et calme. Parfois, je suis hyperactif. J’aime dormir parce que je suis très fatiguée. Ma famille est précieuse.

Thank you so much!

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Tangi
    Lv 7
    3 years ago
    Best Answer

I will assume you're a man in this text but if this is not the case, tell me because there are other things to adjust.

Mon chat est très excité parce qu'il aime courir dans la maison. Il est trop mou (doesn't this contradict the previous sentence?). Mon chat perd toujours ses poils quand il commence à faire chaud. Il est petit parce qu'il(1) se(2) cache dans zones exigües(3). Mon chat est joueur(4) et gentil. Il est blanc. J'adore Stanley! Il me rend(5) plus affectueux.

Heart a(6) trop travaillé parce qu’elle a travaillé tard hier soir, au(7) bureau. Ma mère(8) est assez bavarde. Elle est restée(9) au téléphone pendant deux heures hier soir. Elle est très fatiguée parce qu'elle dort (10) moins de six heures. Heart est agréable et indépendante(11). Ma mère(8) est jolie. Elle m’inspire pour travailler(12) !(13)

[Ils sont artistiques parce que la musique est alternative et différente](14). La musique est contagieuse parce que je(15) l'écoute toujours(16). Ils(14) sont talentueux parce qu'il(15) est difficile de composer de la musique. Il(14) m’inspire d'être plus artiste(17).

Je suis très stressé parce que je dois faire mes devoirs. J’adore l'art(18) parce que j'aime dessiner. Je suis sympathique et calme. Parfois, je suis hyperactif. J’aime dormir parce que je suis très fatigué(19). Ma famille m'est(20) précieuse.

(1) There was no reason to capitalise "il" here.

(2) cacher = to hide something else

se cacher = to hide (oneself)

(3) You forgot to make the adjective agree in number with "zones" which is plural.

Note that I wrote "exigües" and you wrote "exiguës" and both are right. The latter is the traditional spelling which considers the trema can only be on the letter "e" or "i" even if it makes it confusing because you're not actually pronouncing the "e". The former is the reformed spelling which consider the trema can be placed on any vowel so it's placed on the "u" because that's the one the most affected by it.

(4) Ludique is what you would say about an activity to describe it as game like. You cat is not game like, it's playful.

(5) "to make [something/someone] [adjective]" doesn't use the verb "faire" in French but "rendre".

(6) elle a travaillé = she worked / she has worked

elle est travaillée = she is refined/detailed

(7) Since you would say "le bureau", if you add "à" before, it becomes "au bureau". Unles "Bureau" is the name of a city, in which case it's normally not preceded by an article and adding "à" would just give "à Bureau".

(8) You just forgot an accent mark

(9) When the auxiliary of a verb is "être", the past participle of the verb in a compound tense (here, passé composé) agrees in gender and number with the subject.

(10) "Elle dort depuis moins de six heures" would means she is sleeping right now and that's less than six hours since she started.

I don't know exactly what you trying to say but I think you tried to say she (currently or usually) sleeps for less than six hours.

(11) You forgot to agree.

(12) As I said, "être travaillé" doesn't mean "to work".

(13) This is a detail but in most forms of French, there is a space before an exclamation or interrogation mark. The exception is on Canadian French which uses the English rules of punctuation.

(14) I don't understand this sentence. Who are "they" here? What music are you talking about?

Same remark for a few other sentence, who are "they", who is "he", etc.

(15) English is the only language in which you have to capitalise the first person singular subject all the time. In French, "je" respects the same rules of capitalisation than any other pronoun. Same thing for "il" except that even in English, you're not supposed to capitalise it.

(16) This sentence doesn't really make sense, not grammatically but in term of what it means. It's not because you always listen to music that it's contagious. Instead, you can say the music is contagious AND (not because) you're always listening to it.

(17) artistique = artistic (you're describing something being related to art)

artiste = artistic (you're describing someone having an artistic mindset or being an artist)

(18) In English, it's quite common that a noun is not preceded by a determiner but it's extremely rare in French that a noun is not preceded by a determiner. So you have to say "l'art" to mean "art".

(19) Again, I'm assuming you're a man.

"Fatigué" is the masculine singular and "fatiguée" is the feminine singular.

When you're making an adjective out of the past participle of a regular verb ending in -er (90% of the verbs), the masculine singular form ends in -é, the feminine singular in -ée, the masculine plural in -és and the feminine plural in -ées.

(20) Ma famille est précieuse = My family is precious (to everybody)

Ma famille m'est précieuse = My family is precious to me

It would also be better to use "chère" instead of "précieuse".

• cat3 years agoReport

Alright, thanks! sorry for the trouble

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.