Felt completely humiliated at posh restaurant. Who's in the wrong?

My daughter turned 13 today, and for a treat I booked a table at the Ritz London for afternoon tea. I had a voucher for Afternoon Tea from my boss and I decided to use it for this special occasion. So I booked the table months ago, and when I was booking it I was asked if I had a voucher and was asked to give the... show more My daughter turned 13 today, and for a treat I booked a table at the Ritz London for afternoon tea. I had a voucher for Afternoon Tea from my boss and I decided to use it for this special occasion.

So I booked the table months ago, and when I was booking it I was asked if I had a voucher and was asked to give the code, which I did. Today, as I was coming straight from work I didn't bring the physical paper voucher with me, but I thought it would be fine because I had given in my name and the voucher code to book it. So I met my daughter there, we were all dressed up, we had a lovely meal and then at the end the waiter says "may I have your voucher please?" I said sorry, I came straight from work blah blah. So he says "Then you have to pay". So suddenly I'm stuck with a £150 bill!

I said that my husband could send a photo of it. I said that I could come in with the physical voucher later that evening because I live about an hour away. "No". "No". "No". I didn't have enough money on the card I had with me so I had to call someone up to transfer some money and the whole thing humiliated me in front of my daughter on her 13th Birthday.

It does say "please bring this voucher with you" but at no point does it say "otherwise you will be charged £150 for your soggy sandwiches and 4 scones".

I'm REALLY upset!!
Update: But if I gave them the code, then they know that it's used...........no? It's not like I could use that code again because they could see from their records that the code has been used....?