Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Australian)Rugby League · 3 years ago

Why do American football fans not like rugby?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

Because they can't stomach the awful truth that the only excuse to call plastic rugby men in tights football was to call a rugby thing a football.Boneheaded clumsy lumps are also liars.

• 3 years ago

it is boring

• 3 years ago

i actually know several texans who like rugby, and even play it.........

ps: i'm talking native-born anglos .................. not just ex-pats from abroad.........

• 3 years ago

Somewhat because they are not familiar with it, and it is slower with less coordination in its play. Football is very complex in both strategy and execution.

• Dan3 years agoReport

That's easy! No forward passing. When executed properlly, the forward pass in American Football is the most beautiful thing in all of sports! There's just nothing that even come close. Except maybe a kickoff return for a TD.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • DEBS
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Where do you get such odd information? Did you survey one drunk guy at a bar during the super bowl?

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Boring..😣😣

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Reynaldo Weeks forgot about eight countries

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rugby_union_...

• Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

USA Rugby lists 125,000 registered players and that's only about half of all players.

• 3 years ago

No forward pass.

• 3 years ago

Most likely a variety of cultural reasons. But I would suspect it is also because there are no big money networks promoting it. Why doesn't Europe like baseball?

• 3 years ago

It's okay but football players are bigger, stronger, and faster.

• Delaney3 years agoReport

Stronger? Debatable, considering all of the protective gear they wear.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.